Nightwish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightwish

What do you guys think about them? I just picked up their cd and so far I'm digging it. No real guitar solos but a good driving beat and good orchestration. Plus I think I'd nail the lead singer (yes, it's a chick).

Re: Nightwish

there's solos. He's a very capable player. CHeck out the album "wishmaster" for some more impressive chops.

good band. Tarja's singing on the new album is more contemporary as opposed to her usual...operatic style vocals that she has done in the past.

Comment

I think there a great band. Great riffs and vocals. They remind me of Kamelot with a chick singer.

Comment

Great band, I took my 11 year old daughters to see em in SF on the last tour. They were great. I reaLLy like the the new album but there are only a few solos on it. All their other stuff has alot more. They were way cool to my daughters at the show as well. And yes Tarja looks that good up close.
        Chris
        http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I absolutely ADORE Nightwish. If you're a Loreena McKennitt fan you can't help but love Tarja.
          Wishmaster is one of my favorite albums. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Nightwish is one of my favorite bands. They're the only metal band I like that doesn't focus on lead guitar work. Not to say that Emppu is a bad player or anything, the band is just about so much more than only him.

Comment

They're a pretty good band, I listened to the album Oceanborn for quite a while.

Comment

I can't stand them, I'm bored with that kind of music...
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yeah, their new album "Once" is the one I picked up. I think I'll check out their older stuff, too.

Comment

Whismaster and Oceanborn are good albums.. kinda bored with the rest.. and I really hate "once"
                    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

What does everyone like/dislike about them?

Comment

I don't know, really. It's just that the uber heavy and slow guitar bores me, the singer isn't my cup of tea either. And the fact that it's played over MTV 10 times a day here doesn't help either...

Comment

Really. I don't watch MTV at all and I'm really surprised that they get any airtime. Must be because the singer is bone material.

Comment

Before you get the wrong impression, I don't watch MTV either, but I love being informed on what's going on in there. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I just found out that Nightwish and Sonata Arctica are playing the House of Blues in Chicago on April 20th. I might have to check that out. Hopefully it isn't during my finals' week.

Comment

Working...
                              X