• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Gambale gear theft

FG
    Member posted 11-27-2004 10:27 PM ___ _ __ __
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys,

This has not been a good year for me. I'm on the road and last night my house was robbed and some 15 guitars have been stolen.

I want your help to find them...being vigilant on Ebay, or in your local pawn shop, or wherever.

Here's a list of what's gone...

1. Mid 80's Gibson Les Paul Standard, flame top.
    2. 2000 Les Paul Catalina ( turquoise colour )
    3. 2000 Les Paul Catalina ( blood Red colour )
    4. New Gibson SG Supreme (Blue colour )
    5. 1968 Gibson L4-CN ( Natural honey coloured top like a 175 model )
    6. early 80's Gibson Les Paul 40th Anniversary( Black Beauty with white P-90 pickups
    7. Yamaha custom made double neck guitar with two 6 string necks ( one of a kind ) matte olive green colour
    8. Double neck Charvel/Jackson. Very rare. Sparlkly Green colour.
    9. Mid 80's Takamine Cutaway Classical guitar.
    10. New Yamaha AES-FG model ( black )
    11. Late 80's Yellow Ibanez FGM-100
    12. Mid 80's Gibson Chet Atkins steel string guitar.
    13. Black Kramer Strat style guitar with lots of stickers on it.
    14. Maton Cut-away acoustic (Australian made with dark exotic woods )

I can't believe they took my new Yamaha double neck...it's one of a kind...the one one used on Raison D'etre and toured with earlier this year...I'm horrified.

Let me know if you see anything that resembles these..

Thanks in advance,
    A very sad FG

Sorry if this has already been posted. Saw this at johnpetrucci.com and thought that since there are a lot of people who deal on ebay and know their stuff on here, it might very well be a good idea posting it here as well. 15 guitars... holy jeebus.
    Anyway, www.frankgambale.com is his website and you can contact him via that site if you should see something.

Re: Frank Gambale gear theft

Wow, that sucks.

Comment

Where is the house located? City, State and perhpas country?

Definitely blows man, hope it was insured! I'd like to crucify these people, not just these thieves, but you get the idea...

Pat

Comment

This blows
        That's a lot of nice gear, replacing it will really be painful.
        Hope it starts turning up. Hopefully the uniqueness of the Yamaha will be the downfall to this asswipe that took your stuff.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

No idea where he is located, but for fanmail I've found this:

P.O. Box 4945
          PALM SPRINGS, CA 92263
          USA

Maybe he lives in California as well. No idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy ****, I'd go insane if someone'd steal that from me.
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Hope he had the serial numbers written down somewhere--most used gear shops and pawnshops are good about that kind of stuff, but there's not much they or the cops can do without serial numbers--that is, except for some of the unique items, like his Yamaha and Jackson doublenecks, or the Maton acoustic.

I agree with 442w30--hopefully the Yamaha doubleneck can be found and lead to the capture of the jerkoff that did this. Gear thieves are the fvcking worst, man! I had my gear stolen once, including my old San Dimas Soloist, and I know how bad a feeling that is. But to have 15 guitars stolen, wow. And since he's a shredder/jazz guy, I doubt that Gambale is so rich that he can just go out and replace them all.

Comment

Wow that sucks. Maybe I should post a note on his BB about putting up the serial numbers, that would help us out a lot. also, when I saw him live in the spring he had that double neck guitar! In fact during the show I goofed on him about how heavy it looked (Frank talks and tells stories between songs).
                I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                X