Anyone use KORG/ Tone works stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use KORG/ Tone works stuff?

I want to buy my brother a new multi effects for Xmass but I can't really afford the Boss GT6. I was thinking of the Boss ME 50 ( I think) or this Korg unit: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...se_pid/180438/
    However I have no experiance with these at all. Are they any good? how is the sound/ reliability on them? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Thanks,
    Donovan

Re: Anyone use KORG/ Tone works stuff?

I have one of their HyperDistortion pedals. I think the quality is great. Eats up AA batteries though, but the quality is excellent. Don't know about their multi-effects though.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I bought a AX1500G a year ago and it is great! If you read the reviews on MF and HC they are pretty accurate. It has a lot of great features - presets, individual on/off of effects (like stompboxes), A/B channel switching within a preset, etc. It's definitely worth the price!
      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I use a PXR4, which is pretty much a Pandora with a 4 track recorder built in. It sounds OK with headphones on, but I've never used it in front of an amp.

Comment

The only two drawbacks I can think of are:
          1. The pedals are a little close together, so you have to be careful
          2. To scroll down, you have to press two pedals together. Although scrolling up only requires one.
          Admins - shouldn't this be in Amps/effects?
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

i tried an m50 and its really a good effects unit

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Admins - shouldn't this be in Amps/effects?

[/ QUOTE ] Crap! I didn't even notice it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] It should be moved [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll second what jwoods said. I've had mine for a couple of years now.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Ace, can you post some sound clips of your Korg Pandora PXR-4, as I'm going to buy it for Christmas???

Oh yeah, how are the guitar effect "presets" on the PXR-4???

Comment

Funny you brought it up, I just met Korgs President, great guy, very smart and funny.

As far as the products go, I use Korg Tritons in school on a weekly basis, it's the best piece of equipment on the face of this earth in my opinion lol.. Korg tuners are also some of the best gadgets in the industry, so I'm guessing their effects should be pretty good.

Comment

Yeah, I also have a DTR-1 and the thing is great! Couldn't live without it!

Well, I could, but at rehearsal I love being the guy who is never out of tune. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The presets on the PXR-4 are decent. The thing does a LOT of stuff. It is full of many different effects and amp models. However, the tone comes second IMO. I use mine for jamming on the tour bus, and I use the line in to record my mic'ed guitar rig, since I like the sound of it better than the presets. It's an awesome songwriting tool, but I wouldn't use it for anything but that. I'll get on putting some clips up here in a few.

Comment

Metal Distortion
                          Octave and Distortion

These are just some old clips I had lying around, from when I was first experimenting with the unit.

Comment

I had a Boss ME30 and it was pretty cool
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I've got a Korg Toneworks DTR 2, excellent tuner. I bought it because Billy Corgan used it. I've never had an issue with it, in bars, or here in my little tech shop.

I have a friend with the ME30 (old) it's nice, the way he had it eqed, it was sucking it up, but they are not bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X