Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Ebay (getting ripped off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Ebay (getting ripped off)

So i sold my Greco on ebay and I'm a bit iffy about this guy.

he has a (1) feedback and he said in the letter like

I will send the money thursday, maybe sat, please send the guitar friday so it gets here sooner.

I told him that i would send it in once it goes through to my paypal.

I'm uneasy.

Second Question, how do i turn off debit/credit sales? I don't want to get retracted by his credit card company.

Re: Question about Ebay (getting ripped off)

to change your credit card sales go to your account page, click "profile". in your profile look at "selling preferences". click on "Payment Receiving Preferences". you'll find some options, including:

Block Payments funded by:
    Credit card when the sender has a bank account
    eCheck for PayPal Website Payments and Smart Logo payments

hope that helps.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Heh...yeah, he sounds like he may be a piece of work.
      'I'll send the money soon, maybe, but make sure the guitar gets here fast...' [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Yep, I would definitely cover my ass on this one.

Comment

The nerve of some people.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If he wants the guitar sooner, he will have to pay sooner. What a jerk! Hopefully nothing happens to you Mike. You're a decent honest dude.

Comment

for gods sakes some people just don't give a sh*t
            I say send it ONLY when you've got cash in hand, I had to deal with a guy like this a while back and he just jerked me around and finally said , uh, I can't pay my, credit card is maxed, but he had been pleading with me to send it as soon as he had hit the buy it now button. good thing I waited, or I could've kissed my Model 6 good bye.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

If he Paypals you the money, I would do the bank transfer right away and stall him till the funds are safely in your account before shipping. Should only be a couple days extra.

Or, tell him up front you won't ship until the funds are in your bank account.

Comment

Yeah, don't ship a thing until payment is in your pocket. IF he can't wait, he shouldn't be bidding.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I won't send it out til its in my bank account.

Comment

Just pray that the buyer doesn't slam you with negative feedback for "not complying to my rules" or something stupid like that. I can totally picture people like that doing that sort of thing. Don't leave feedback for him until he does either. After you send off the guitar, tell him, "Please let me know when you receive the guitar and we will give each other mutual positive feedback" or something so that you both walk away from this unscathed.

Isn't it also Ebay policy that the seller must receive the money first before sending off the goods? I dunno... if you can find that and show him the link for that page, it would probably help to back you up immensely as well. Can't argue with the rules, especially since he's a newbie and you're more experienced than he is.

Comment

Yup, you are complely 'in the right' not sending the goods until payment is in hand. In western culture (ie eBay) the trust is from the sellers side by default. DO NOT let go of goods until payment is in hand.
                      dude is strong arming you into 'trusting' him in his actions, best plan of aciton is playing dumb waiting a day or two for his money before sending out goods.
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Listen, I just had some ass bag cause me trouble on paypal. I thankfully got it sorted out, and all is well now. Some things to remember.

ONLY ship to a verified buyers confirmed address.
                        USE TRACKING THAT CAN BE TRACED ONLINE!!! A BIG MUST! They won't even look at your claim unless you do.
                        Pack the item good,so it's not destroyed.

As long as you prove that the item was shipped, and delivered to him, the credit card company is in no position to take the money from you, so also get signature confirmation on whatever you order.

Comment

Ebay is international. Does that mean that if I were to surf Ebay Iraquistan (non western culture), I could receive my item before paying for it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just tell him that with 1 feedback you know he's new to Ebay, and the way it works is, he pays, you get the money clear to your account, then you ship. The only alternative is escrow, which costs extra and which he the buyer must pay. In fact I wouldn't even offer him escrow if it wasn't in your ad because it holds your money for like another week. Just tell him welcome to the Ebay world, this is how it is.

If he's not cool with that, offer the guitar to the next-highest bidder or relist it with a BIN that requires immediate payment if he's wasted your time.
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I only threw the western culture thing in cause lately I am dealing with Taiwan and Indian and Chinese folks that pull crazy **** I would never think to at my place of business. Also, my bros are in the Army giving me stories about all those *stans and korean business deals that blow up or go south if you use typical American 'western' assumptions.
                              Personally, I think every non-american is out to screw me.

I am dealing with a non-paying Qutar f**k right now on eBay. I am hoping it's a cultural misunderstanding, but I really think it's an interantional 0 feedback American hating jackhole. I will wait to be a d**k, but in 5 days, I am filing non-paying bidder on his a55.
                              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                              X