Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Ebay (getting ripped off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about Ebay (getting ripped off)

That's why I limit my Ebay sales to Canadian and American users who have five or more positive feedback ratings, and I clearly state that in my descriptions. So far so good.

Comment

What Deneb said.

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

thanks guys

the douche emails me again asking for faster rates, and he wants me to switch the 85 to the neck and 81 to the bridge. wtf. anyway i can report to ebay this guy doesn't have the money? he's pulling his payment from thursday to friday "maybe" saturday.

what the hell [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The douche doesn't get anything faster unless he gets you the money faster! He just doesn't get that it's a two way street. What a fooker. What's the auction link? I'd like to see his Ebay ID and make a note of it.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...70234&rd=1

Comment

He's only got what, seven days to pay (10? I don't remember) then ebay will let you file a Non Paying Bidder. Then ebay sends him a form letter telling him he is a deadbeat, and he has ___ additional days to pay. Then if he doesn't, you get your listing fees back from ebay since it didn't sell.

JUST DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR HIM, AT ALL, UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL THE MONEY IN YOUR HANDS. Nothing. Don't change pickups. Don't tune it. Don't agree to extensions of time. And for goodness sake, don't send the guitar.

Sorry bro, sounds like your chain has been yanked.

Comment

You can set your own terms for payment in your ad, but I think the Ebay default is 10 days if you don't specify. In either event, just let him know the guitar ships when his payment clears into your bank account, and not before.
                Also make clear that the auction was for the guitar as described in the auction, no additional work was included in that price.
                Tell him it's another $40 if he wants you to switch the pickups in position; that stuff takes time, which isn't free.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

haha what the hell is this guy?

"I paid off my credit card today. they said it could take a 2-3 days
                  to get my funds back on my card. K?

thats fine I would rather change the pickups myself being I am gibson certified."

ROFL what does Gibson certified mean with changing pickups.

Comment

Sounds like a certified nut. Hope it works out!
                    Keith

Comment

You can stipulate any timeframe for a payment within your ad terms. Ebay will allow you to file a NPB alert only after 7 days have lapsed. Fees I think are refunded after another 7 days? maybe it was 45 days.. I do not recall.

Anyways.. it's Thurs and I'm out one cool guitar [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]but getting another. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img];..oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Her sent another one

ok. I have a 400 credit limit on my card. I just sent the other 35
                        I need to my paypal account to transfer to you.It could take up to 2-3 days then you will have the recipt I payed you. I expect that guitar shipped asap. you should box it up today so it is ready to go.

did you find out the other shipping charges to have it here faster?

please write back .
                        thank you I will love this guitar.
                        I have played greco and am gibson certified, I have to say after almost 16 years of shreedin I like the greco's more.

i'm wondering how he sent the other 35... and i believe this guy is a bullshitter.

Comment

If his bank account were tied into his Paypal account the transfer would be instant. If he had to send them a money order, I'd think the timelag would be greater. Also, he wants info on faster shipping rates, yet anyone knows that 3-day is double Ground or more, yet he adds only $35, which will take 3 days to show up in his account? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]If I were you, I wouldn't ship until the funds were available in my bank account, and had actually withdrawn the bulk of them FROM my account, since Paypal can take the money out of your account instantly too, if he does a chargeback. This guy seems real fishy.It should be self-evident: A seller sells because he/she needs money, and needs to be paid on time. When did that concept become optional?
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            ....I expect that guitar shipped asap. you should box it up today so it is ready to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd find him and bitch slap 'im just for this statement alone. What fukkin' balls! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

I think you'll get your money and everything will be just fine in the end, but this dude is certainly a peice of work. Still, cover you ass like everyone here has said!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I expect that guitar shipped asap. you should box it up today so it is ready to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh... nice! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] What a frickin' sweetheart... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Pushy bastard. Stay vigilant Mike. Do NOT cave into him. Everyone here has given great advice. I don't think you need to be reminded that the guitar does NOT leave your hands until the money is safely tucked away. We're rootin' for you! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X