Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for those who not only play metal...

..but lift metal as well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    as you may (or probably don't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) know, I sometimes compete in powerlifting, anyway I made it 6th in the 90 kg class at the Norwegian Junior Nationals a week ago and then last weekend at a local club meet I set new personal records in squat, bench and total!!
    For those of you who haven't gotten around to the metric system, I've included a conversion to lbs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

squat 215 kg (473,9 lbs)
    benchpress 165 kg (363,7 lbs)
    deadlift 210 kg (462,9 lbs)
    total 590 kg (1300 lbs)

any of you guys working out? I know some people have mentioned it before but can't remember who... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Re: for those who not only play metal...

I was a memer of the 1000 lb club in college. Now I'm a member of the 1000 beer club [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

BTW, great job !!!

Comment

yeah...my limit is 12 oz. curls...lol...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        ..but lift metal as well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        as you may (or probably don't [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) know, I sometimes compete in powerlifting, anyway I made it 6th in the 90 kg class at the Norwegian Junior Nationals a week ago and then last weekend at a local club meet I set new personal records in squat, bench and total!!
        For those of you who haven't gotten around to the metric system, I've included a conversion to lbs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

squat 215 kg (473,9 lbs)
        benchpress 165 kg (363,7 lbs)
        deadlift 210 kg (462,9 lbs)
        total 590 kg (1300 lbs)

any of you guys working out? I know some people have mentioned it before but can't remember who... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to work out, i'm starting to get a bit more in shape. Just need to get my ass to join the gym and i'll be doing it properly [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'm not a power lifter by any means...I just lift to make myself feel better..I like the feeling..nothing like sore muscles after a killer workout. I've never gotten into supplements or anything cause I could never afford them...I'm probably gonna start taking some Whey protein soon though. I can only flat bench about 240-250lbs...preacher curls about 105-110lbs...I really need to start doing legs again...I'm horrible with legs...I hate working them out the most.

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

Oh ****.... I would definitely avoid you in a dark alley! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats on your records! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, I compete in strongman. I train the power lifts at the gym, though, along with overhead pressing/jerks and a day of events. However, I have no idea what my max lifts are. I don't really train in suits or bench shirts. Raw (or with a belt and knee wraps) my bench is somewhere in the mid 300's, squat somewhere in the low 500's and deadlift somewhere in the low 600's. I've always been curious what I could do in full gear. One of these days I throw some on and see.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Oh ****.... I would definitely avoid you in a dark alley! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats on your records! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                thanks, not to worry though, I'm very good hearted unless I'm cornered [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Travis that's cool, without equipment I do squat 200 kg, bench 140 kg, and deadlift 200 kg.
                A friend of mine is very serious about strongman, he is a friend of Svend Karlsen the 2002 IFSA world strongest man and has trained with SK too. I have worked out with him a couple of times and it's actually much more fun to train events than to be grinding at the gym.
                My best strongman feat is probably farmer's walk where Ive walked 20 meters (60 feet) with 2x100 kg suitcases.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  he is a friend of Svend Karlsen the 2002 IFSA world strongest man

[/ QUOTE ]

Viking Power! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.power-viking.com/
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

For awhile in the Marines I quit drinking, started going to meetings, and became a bodybuilder. While I never posted the numbers you've got there, I was pretty big, and quick too. I think the most I ever benched was about 230lbs. I was curlijng 70 lbs in each arm for reps, and running about 4-6 miles a day. My fastest was three miles in 18:35 Not bad for a pothead drunken kid who three years before couldn't have run four times around the block.

That was 5 years ago though, now I'm about 15 pounds ligher, but my waist is bigger. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] I'm still pretty strong, but I don't have that invincible feeling anymore. Unless I'm drunk.

Comment

I used to bench 315+ before I fukked my back and neck up...I just did a whole crapload of "negatives" until I got to my goal weight...

But I don't or never "trained" ...I eat horribly , never sleep and abuse meds...but it worked for me..

My lifestyle hasn't changed much ...now I don't do the weights anymore ...just curls...to keep the guns buff..

But I yell a lot and give a lot of people the finger when I'm out shopping during this fine holiday season..just for GP.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I push weights 3 or 4 times a week. It can be a chore sometimes, but it's helping me keep old age at bay. I like to think that I'm in much better shape than the average "Forty-something" Briton. Anyway, after a good workout, you don't feel so guilty about spending the rest of the evening sat in front of the tube with a couple of glasses of vino!

Comment

I met Svend at last years US Pro Strongman Nationals. He was singing Elvis over the PA system, pretty funny. I've trained with Brian Schoonveld a few times over here. He is a good friend of the guy who got me started in it. Now I train with Willie Wessels, the 105kg US National champ. He just got back from Finland where he took 8th in the Lightweight World's. He had an average day and thought that on a good day he could have taken 4th. 8 events in one day is tough, though. The 3 Fins took the top 3 places (in Finland, hmmmm).

My best event would have to be the tire flip. I've flipped an 800lb tire 80 feet in less than 35 seconds. Stones are also a pretty good one for me. Basically, anything that involves a lot of lower back and speed/athleticism I can hold my own. With the farmer's I've taken 300lbs in each hand for 80 feet. The turn always kills me. Grip events are not my best. However, they are better than my overhead pressing, which is pretty dismal.

But, I just dropped 35 pounds to make the 105s (did it in 3 months - man did that hurt my strength). So it's been a little frustrating trying to build the strength back up.

Comment

Travis ...I need you to come to my place and do some yard work.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'll just sit at the window smokin' my bong while you flip tires..really big tires.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey, man. As long as you blast only the best in power metal...

Comment

Working...
                              X