Anyone have a project in the Garage? Pics of my 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a project in the Garage? Pics of my 55

Anyone else got a project going on in their garage? Anyone else have a spouse or parents giving you crap about your car and or guitar project taking up space in the garage. Here is some pics of my 55 Chevy Bel Air 2 door post frame off restoration I am working on right now. I just got the body back from the body shop and its brand new paint but its covered with bondo dust in the pics. The frame I had powder coated silver and is at my buddies house. We are mounting the engine and tranny to the frame then off to my house to mount the body on the frame. We are going to hoist the body using the beams in my garage about four feet in the air. Roll the frame underneath and set it down. I will keep you guys updated on the progress if you guys are intrested and I would like to hear about anyone else's projects.

Re: Anyone have a project in the Garage? Pics of my 55

Two more pics for you guys.

Comment

Cool, I got a couple Caddies but they're out on the driveway....no room in the garage for 18 footers!

1968 Coupe de Ville Convertible
      1976 Fleetwood Talisman
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I've got a few in the making right now! www.mm-restoration.com
        Cool 55 bro! I'd like to see pics when it's done!
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Re: Anyone have a project in the Garage? Pics of m

My dad has a 55 Wagon that he chopped in half, I'll grab pics of it tomarrow..

He made it back in the mid 70's, to make it like a two lane blacktop car, he's had everything in it froma 283 to a 427. Right now its got a 400 with tri power. It's been sitting in the Garage for 10 years now but we're gonna get it back on the road this spring
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

No garage here either. But I do have a couple of projects. Here is my '69 Charger. Most of these are after I got it. It will go in February or March for its paint job. This past spring and summer I got it street legal and running strong. This coming year will be cosmetic work.

Comment

SWEET! I drove a 57 Bel Aire sedan (4dr) for years. 283 with the Power Pack, and cast-ass-iron 2 speed PowerGlide. One of these days I'm going to frame off a 57 or 55... seeing your pics makes me want to start sooner rather than later!

Mark, I cliked and got "do not have permission to acesss..." apache error.

Nice charger, too, Jim!

Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I had a 69 Charger 383 with 727 all original matching numbers with California Black plates which is cool if you live in California, I sold it for next to nothing because I had no where to store it and was going to San Diego State for college. I still have my 68 RS/SS Camaro with original 396/375 horsepower with non original 700r4. That ones pretty much done I will post pics of it this weekend as its with my 55 frame at my buddies house. By the way I am going to be running a 454 and turbo400 on my 55 Chevy.

Comment

I had a '68 Charger with a 440 Magnum. It was dark green, like the bad guy's car in Bullitt. I called it Magnum Force.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had a '67 GTO many moons ago. Beautiful car. I bought restored.
                    I have always wanted a 55...that's sweet!

Comment

Well I respect those who labor over these restorations BUT ...that is wayyyyyyyyyyy too much like work for me these days...

I'm shopping for a Shelby Cobra this spring...one that is already sittin' pretty and fast ...all I want to do is smoke weed and rub it with a diaper...and that's enough work for me.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Here's my current project- 1957 Willy's CJ3B:

When I bought it:

A little later...

Last week:

It's been just over two years since I took it apart and it's almost done. I have a heated workshop at the house and it's been a great timekiller during the long winters. The shop has a bathroom, cable tv, and a beer fridge (seen through the steering wheel in the second picture).

The 3B has been slightly modified with a 2.5" lift, 15x8 wheels, and 32" Swampers. Plus a new body, seats, etc. Should be a lot of fun when it's done.

Comment

Got a '49 caddie, I just finished for my dad, that chopped, put it on air bags, Has a 427 ram ir setup on it. Now I have a 40 ford coupe that is geting a tci frame, a 502 crate motor and candy paint. I'll take some pictures when I get a chance.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I had a '68 Charger with a 440 Magnum. It was dark green, like the bad guy's car in Bullitt. I called it Magnum Force.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bullitt car was triple black. It was the Mustang that was green.

I also have a 440 '68 Charger in that off white/cream (they call it yellow) color with dark green interior and no vinyl top. That one is pretty rough at the moment.

Comment

omg..

Poon...where did you get that Labatt Blue Goalie thingy!?! I want!

Comment

Working...
                              X