Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about different kinds of guitars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about different kinds of guitars....

While a lot of people here are saying that there's nothing wrong with using a metal guitar for jazz, look at it from the other side of the fence. What would you think if the next time you saw Slayer Jeff Hanneman was playing a Gretch White Falcon? Sure, it's an awesome guitar, but it's no more a metal guitar than a RR1 is a Jazz guitar.

Comment

I use Jackson Warriors for everything I play , & now a Kelly to.
      According To The Prophecy

Comment

Well, for the tuning issue aone you need another guitar, unless you want to tune your Rhoads to standard pitch from now on. Since you ARE buying the next guitar to take a jazz class, a semi-hollowbody would be appropriate.
        You could get a solidbody of course, but IF you're buying the guitar FOR JAZZ USE, a Rhoads or Soloist, while functional, would also be, well, silly. If you want a solidbody for your jazz get a Les Paul Studio or a nice
        used Hamer, one of their more Gibsony ones.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

What about a wolfgang? I have heard some good things about them. I really do not know much about them, so if someone could give me any info regarding the sound/playability I would appreciate it. One thing to remember is I am basically looking for a guitar that is not a pointy jackson. Don't get me wrong I love the pointy guitars as much as the next person.. its just I do not know how appropriate they are for what I am going to be doing. I would be very happy playing a phil collen jackson, but I can not afford it... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

They come with distortion-style pickups; great for rock, for jazz a little dirty. I imagine someone somewhere uses one for jazz though. They don't do it for me, really, but different strokes...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think amps have to do a lot more than the guitars you use.

It will be great to have different guitars for different feels [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              When I play King V, it only makes me to play Metal, which is cool because I usually play softer stuff on my Dinky shape guitar.
              Strat and Les Paul are 2 different things for example.

Comment

Gibson Black Hawk or Night Hawk.The Gibsons U2/SR-71 have great range also. Like Dinky J. mentioned, amps or effect can pull the sound you crave with the axe you have. A small Korg Pandora with my Spectrum the range is endless.
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Working...
                X