I propose a new forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I propose a new forum...

On home recording or just recording in general. We have as much talk about this stuff as J/C Basses here on the board, so maybe we should have a forum for recording. I nominate Newc as a moderator. I have some experience with recording, but it's something that I really think that I could learn a lot personally from other members of the board. A lot of people on this board have done some sort of recording, and I really don't think there is ANYONE on this board who doesn't at least want to try it once, so what do you guys think?

Re: I propose a new forum...

Maybe it can share with MP3 forum.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's sort of where it is now, with Newc's instructional threads there. I've read both those, and I'd like to learn more.

Comment

How about an unmoderated "flame pit" only accessible by regular members. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

We have that. It's called the Classifieds.

Just joking! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You sure you want that? The regulars can be even more harsh than the juniors... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the Classifieds or eFraid. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

All the more fun then!

Comment

I agree, but not just computer recording. Let's get some live sound discussion in there too. It seems good advice on that subject is hard to come by, and there are alot of guys with experience in that here.

Comment

Yeah,it will be very usefull!

Comment

well...the problem with recording is there are so many ways to record and what may work for one person may not work for another...recording is an extremely subjective art...only you know how you want to sound...and while some of us may be able to give tips , in the end it will come down to you or your producer playing with mic placement etc to get "your sound"...one big word of advice tho...know what you want...don't expect an engineer or producer to give you a signature sound...that tone should be something you've worked on to get out of your playing and rig yourself...once you have what you like, it will make everybody's job a lot easier...peace...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I agree, a recording forum would be cool.

Comment

I would hate to see a recording forum ...because it sounds boring ...it is not a forum of fun..no it is not ...because recording is not fun...no it is not..

what is fun is puss, ass , boobs , drugs , metal , and Satan ...

If you want you recording thread then I must impose all the "fun" stuff to this thread ...like usual..

which means high jacking it everytime there is a serious conversation about "recording" ... then I talk about my PP....then all is happy.

well at least I'm happy ...I'm happy and my PP's happy..

BTW ..I love eating ass...maybe tonight my wife's ass may get a good slobberin'...if she's lucky..

sometimes I turn off the lights and think of the Olson twins...but that's just me....my wife knows Daddy Bubz likes da Olson twins..

I would like to record me putting stuff into the Olson twins..should I use a Shure SM57 for this ...should I shove the mike up their asses ...or just find the sweet spot near the ass..just askin'.

Bill
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree with d.m. that methods are too subjective. While I agree with most of Newc's guidelines there are parts of it that I don't agree with and don't want users just learning to think just because its sticky'd that that is the ONLY way to do it. That's the it worked for Newc and not the whole world [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do like the idea though having a live sound and recording forum heading. I spend more time in the amp forum and I'm sure I'd be in on the recording and live sound forum too. I am surprised that the number of members this board has that there is relatively little involvement for "other" equally important topics other than guitars. I know this a guitar board but guitars are really only a small portion of the big picture. So you have a nice guitar...now what are going to do with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] play that fugger, learn about tone, play live, record it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

BTW ..I love eating ass...maybe tonight my wife's ass may get a good slobberin'...if she's lucky..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully that stuff is clean when you do that nothing worse than a case of poop breathe...
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X