I propose a new forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I propose a new forum...

I think that BECAUSE the methods are so sujective we should have a forum. And Bill as usual is free to talk about whatever he wants. And everyone else is free to ignore him. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

This is gettin' pretty funny.

I think its a good idea. I'm all for learning spiffy tricks and broadening my horizons.

Em

Comment

Ace,
        I can help with different micing techniques . As well as recording multi guitar layers, so that you don’t have phase issues. I think this could be good.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

While we're on the subject of studio stuff, does anyone here know where I can find one of those little hand held tape head demagnetizers? I've been to ever store in my area and none has one, and the only ones I've found on the net are like, $50-$60. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Then you found 'em [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As for a Recording Forum, hey, I'm all for it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Thanks for the nomination, Ace - I gladly accept and would like to thank everyone who lent a hand during my campaign. It's been a tough road, with many more miles ahead that hopefully we can continue to pave together [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

And yes I do welcome everyone's insight. I certainly didn't invent home recording, and I'm not a great pioneer of the art. I know what works for me, and given my short attention span, I've found stuff that works fast, and should work for most people with the same equipment [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            However, my currently-stickied posts on the subject are the Beginner Guides, and the last thing you want is to lay out a huge array of options for all the different Beginners out there, because that's what I was faced with when I looked for info on it years ago, and it was overwhelming - where to begin? Which one has the right/best/clearest info? I gave up digging through the piles of "How To..." articles that contradicted each other and told me I had to spend thousands just to get rolling, so I started at Square One and peeked at the "expert advice" only once in a while when I wanted to know something specific.
            That's what I put in my Beginner Guides - the absolutely essential "get it rolling today" info.

The Intermediate and Advanced Lessons WILL definitely call on other folks' input, and that'll be the one where we all share (and probably argue [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).
            There's also going to be articles on various outboard gear (amps, fx, etc etc) and how to patch that in after-the-fact, as well as various recording methods (i.e. analog tape, digital, software), which of course everyone who has experience with that stuff will be asked to chime in.

Just for right now, in the Beginner Lessons, I feel it's best to have evryone start off on the same foot just to get them going. Give them a few months of practice with it, and then put up the Intermediate Lessons where everyone can get deeper into their "personal space" yet still know enough about it to apply what's in the Lesson to what they're actually working with.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I know that there are a million and one ways to do recording. I've worked in studios with platnium albums from VH, the Stones, the Beatles on the walls, and I have worked in a dude's apartment with a mixer, some outboard gear, and a computer running CuBase.

I think the first question, and the question most members of this board want awnsered is this: "How do I get the sounds coming out of my guitar onto my computer using the stuff that I already have?" Newc went a long way towards awnsering that. A lot of guys here have experience in big recording studios, but aren't really that computer savvy. I've worked around a Neve console, but God knows I don't own one here in my room. I don't plan on recording an album, or even a demo here in my room. I would just like to record my practices sometimes so that I can write songs. Other people might be going into the studio and want to know what to expect. There is a lot of info the people on this board have, and we'll be more than happy to argue all day long about phase cancellation, baffeling and all sorts of stuff.

Comment

Quote:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW ..I love eating ass...maybe tonight my wife's ass may get a good slobberin'...if she's lucky..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ QUOTE ]
                [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think its a good idea. I'm all for learning spiffy tricks and broadening my horizons.

Em

[/ QUOTE ]

Em, I just can't take you anywhere [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

God Inky!!!

Leave it to YOU!!
                  That's actually really funny though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  But I don't wanna know any ass tricks from the BillZ!
                  (I got plenty of my own. AHAHAHAHA!!)

P.S. I would like to remind everyone that it's ALL Absolut Charvel's fault that I am even here. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X