Latest Family Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Family Picture

1. 1996 Jackson Fusion, made in Japan for the Japanese market. I bought it in 1997 when I was 19 and stationed in Japan. It was the first electric guitar I could ever afford. It's still my main player. Mods: covered in stickers, refret, one EMG-81 in bridge position running at 18V

12-52 strings tuned to C

2. 2004 "Doobie" guitar built by yours truly. My main project guitar from school. Flamed maple top on a mahogany body. Maple neck with a ebony fretboard. 24 fret. Same ABM bridge as the SLS Soloist. 24.75"(Gibson) scale. A hot humbucker I made in the bridge position and a dark humbucker I made in the neck position. Sounds pretty Les Paul, but with a bright edge from the ebony board and maple neck. Really a great sounding guitar.

12-52 strings tuned to C

3. 198? Charvel Model 2 with Custom Natural Blood-Drip finish. I got this one REAL chewed up from a pawn shop. It had been routed poorly for a OFR, the lower horn was cut deep by what looked like a saber saw. Not even rough sanded. I stripped the whole thing of all the paint, reshaped it with a more contured lower horn, and I shaped the upped horn to match. I thinned the body, re-radiused the sides and re-shaped it by hand before painting it white. Then red with my own blood. It has a EMG-81 running at 18V in the bridge, and a gold OFR.

12-52 strings tuned to C

4. 1965-68 Epiphone Wilshire

My tattoo artist gave me this one. It had been sitting in his closet for years, and he figured that I would use it. He was right. This is an awesome sounding guitar that was given to be by a great friend. I milled the block on the vibrato piece because it was too high to allow for good action. Stock everything else.

10-52 strings tuned to Eb

5. The "Corpseraper" guitar. The neck was from a long ago project that a friend of mine did with some parts we got off eBay. My first real experience with guitar building. We made a Frankenstein that was hideously ugly, but somehow played at least passibly. I got the neck from the guy in exchange for some guitar work about a year ago and I refinished and refret the neck, and got it back in good working order with a fresh new nut. Then I made the body from Alder in school. It is a clone of my 1997 Fusion, which I love the feel of. I put on a Carvin bridge and made some pickups for it, a hot humbucker in the bridge, a Strat like single coil in the neck. Both sound awesome. It has one VU knob with a push-pull that acts as a pickup selector. I have no idea who made the neck, the only marking on it is "Made in Canada". It's maple with an ebony board.

12-52 strings tuned to E (this guitar is the easiest to change tunings on, I can quickly go from E down to B and back without changing stings or adjusting anything!!)

I also have a Gibson SG that I fell in love with on Layaway right now, I should have it paid off by March.

Re: Latest Family Picture

I like that you slapped the numbers in there. I remember most of those from my last visit.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

that's a cool, interesting collection, Ace.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Very cool. I like the school project.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I'm not seeing any pics or links. Am I just stupid? Sounds like an interesting collection for sure. I'd love to see it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Red X here too.

Comment

The dredded red "X" again.

Comment

Daily quota is up... Bummer.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

X marks the spot
                  "POOP"

Comment

I can still see it.

Comment

I see it now.

Comment

Now I don't. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Lemme see if I can fix this...

Comment

dreaded
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Waaa!!! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                            I saw the picture earlier and now its gone.
                            I wanted a closer look at the stickers on your fusion, Ace.
                            That is one spiffy axe ya got there.

Em

Comment

IT'S ALIVE!! Look quick before it fades like a sunset!!

Comment

Working...
                              X