what kind of degree do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what kind of degree do you have?

I am an ASE Certified Master Machinist and Master Mechanic, but I sell Electronics... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

College is for individuals who lack entrepreneurial skills. Just remember, some of the wealthiest folks in history didn't even graduate high school. I have many good friends who went on to college after high school, and they are still punching a clock making money for other people. They make decent money, but they have no freedom (and lots of stress). I know there are exceptions to this rule, but not many.
      Me?... I work as many or as few hours as I want. I don't have to go to work tommorow if I don't want to. I can take 3 hours off for lunch and there's nobody to answer to. I make my own schedule but I'm solely responsible for my income, so I can't get too lazy! Truth is sometimes I work 7 days a week, 14 hours a day, but that's because I'm having fun, and I can do that when and if I want to. If I choose not to, I have that choice. When I do work, I'm making money for me, not my "boss".
      And yes, I have two degrees, both of which were a huge waste of my time and money!
      This post isn't knocking a college education, just offering an alternative way of thinking which has paid off for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully agree and disagree. However, you are talking to a guy whose primary study is Philosophy. I'm not in this to make money; I'm in this because I love learning, wisdom, and knowledge.

Oh and since the end of high school, I've ran an e-business on the side that has already made me enough to pay for my college tuition thus far. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] So I know what you mean when you say college isn't everything. But fortunately enough for me, due to scholarships, I have a little cash left over to have a few cool guitars.

Comment

I barely got through high school, studied music in college, never finished cause I went on the road with a band. (only a couple classed short of my degree) Now I teach guitar (which is killer easy money) And, during the day I work on cars. It's also easy money, but a bit more work. I'm doin' rather well right now. If I could get rid of the wife and kids, I'd be in hog heaven! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I am hoping and praying that what seems like my useless Bachelor of Science in Biology/Biotechnology that I will attain after my next year at university will be enough to get me hired by a killer biotechnology firm here in the city where the industry is really growing. I'll find out in a year and a half. I badly want to be hired immediately after graduating doing an interesting, fun, perhaps controversial job. My dream is to retire early and travel the world, or at least have enough vacation time spread out over my career life to travel and enjoy life.

Comment

It's not a question of me wanting or not wanting to go. I do, but I want to play music. We've got a number of shows on the books, and I enjoy them, even if I don't like the band.

That said, I make good money at my job now, and I don't want to jeapordize my job, by maybe taking classes that I would need to quit my job, OR I get the degree, and try for a job, but just end up further in debt because of it.

That's where I'm at. I want to go, just now is not the time. Sounds like we've got quite a few educated people here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Just remember, some of the wealthiest folks in history didn't even graduate high school.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Yeah, and some of them did. What's your point? Oh yeah, it's this
              [ QUOTE ]
              College is for individuals who lack entrepreneurial skills.

[/ QUOTE ]
              You can dis people who went to college all you want. It doesn't make them any less than anybody else. Maybe college is for people who otherwise wouldn't have a chance at any kind of a future. Having entrepenneurial skills doesn't mean much if someone doesn't know how to use them or doesn't have the resources. What you call "freedom", some might call lack of stability. Different strokes I guess. Don't knock having a regular, full time job with benefits. Some of us are very happy with it and it doesn't make us any less.

Comment

"College is for individuals who lack entrepreneurial skills."

Yea, keep believing that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "POOP"

Comment

I have a degree in woop ass..and Voz stuffing..
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ... doing an interesting, fun, perhaps controversial job. My dream is to retire early and travel the world, or at least have enough vacation time spread out over my career life to travel and enjoy life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Move to the States. Join the USAF! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

But seriously, good luck with that Priest. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

I'm fully retired at age 40...and play with my balls everday..

EVERYDAY!!!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I'm fully retired at age 40...and play with my balls everday..

EVERYDAY!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I... Have.. No words.. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Move to the States. Join the USAF! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a young kid, I did want to be a fighter pilot in the USAF! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] "Travel to interesting places, meet new people, and kill them!" Or something to that effect. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh wow. When I was 13 years old, I told all my closest friends that I'd be one of the first pilots at age 21 to fly the F/A-22 Raptor with its debut in November 2004, and they asked me to look them up when I've done so. I'm now 21, and it's December 2004, and I haven't done that, and I've lost contact with those friends! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I'm not even sure the damn plane is even in service yet... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I had to forget about my boyhood dream of being a fighter pilot long ago... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a Program Speciality in Law Enforcement/Police Science; Sam Houston State University

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a Program Speciality in Law Enforcement/Police Science; Sam Houston State University

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick Ass CJ program at Sam......

Comment

I have not only a degree... a Master Degreeser formula, cuts all grease'n oil, leaves your car'n kitchen bright... really.

Comment

Working...
                                X