Need an authorized Akai repair shop STAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need an authorized Akai repair shop STAT

Ok, anyone here work for or know of an authorized Akai repair center? I've got a defective LCD screen in my out-of-warranty DPS12 that is now impossible to read due to severe burnout.
    Better yet, if anyone works for a place that can replace the screen, see if you can scan me a copy of the service manual on how to replace it, including what screen I should get and hopefully where to get it from [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Need an authorized Akai repair shop STAT

US product support and service (for all Akai Professional products):
    phone: 401.658-4032
    email: [email protected]
    hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time

Address:
    200 Scenic View Drive
    Cumberland, RI 02864
    phone: 401.658-4032
    fax: 401.658.4033
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Been there, done that (email) - twice. No reply as of yet. Apparently someone bought them out and they're going through the new-owner-rebuild like Jackson had to go through at the Dawn of The Dark Times (read: Fender buyout) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

What did Fender do that upset you Newc? Besides raising prices and losing all the sponsors?

Comment

Ace - That was a joke, bud - that's why I put the laughing boy in there [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm happy so far with Fender's purchase of Jackson, only minor issues worth mentioning (well, "minor" as opposed to major issues like "Fenderizing" the Jackson models - Tekky's ordeal was not very cool at all, but...)

But I was just making a funny about the early days of the Fender buyout when people were jumping ship and doing "Chicken Little" impressions [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Then of course there's the complete destruction and slow, slow rebuild of the former "official" AkaiPro website (just like with Jackson), which means info that was once available at the click of a link has been lost while the new owners get their one-and-only webguy to update it along with every single other page for everything else they own, with priority given to their "bread and butter" pages.
          But that's minor as well, mostly since we've got the JCF [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

OK, cool. I thought it might be a poke at the whole "Pre-Fender Buyout" thing. I haven't had any problem with the whole Fender buyout thing myself, especially since I got to go to the Fender factory and watch them make Jacksons with the same equiptment and crew as the old facility. I was just wondering if you knew something I didn't.

Comment

Working...
            X