Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw Velvet Revolver last night. They were good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Velvet Revolver last night. They were good!

K - Rock radio concert at Continetal Arena in NJ.

Jimmy Eat World.... Chevelle.... Franz Ferdinand... P-Roach... Korn.... VR.

Velvet Revolver was really good. Scott was **** up but no surprise there. He sounded good but between songs he was slurring and repeating himself and in a daze... They rocked hard though! Did a Guns tune. Did a STP tune. Played for a while. If you want to see them do it now! Who knows how long they will last... Or Scott be in or out of life/death/re-hab...... He ran around and sang his ass off. Typical Scott Weiland live show.

Slash was on his game and so was whomever the other guitarists name is. Duff played well and so did Matt. He is a really great drummer.

Every band was okay... good... or sucked. No opinion really as I know some of the material they played but it wasn't the reason for me being there... lol.

Re: Saw Velvet Revolver last night. They were goo

Nah, I saw them.

They're just a novelty thing. I don't like em that much, boring, repetitive songs.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That is all music today brutha! I can't think of an original band anymore! lol.

Comment

I would like to see them, like you said, Chris, while I still can.
        I like the disc a lot.

Comment

I really liked Stone Temple Pilot.. a lot.
          Velvet Revolver.. I bought a CD from Amazon but never arrived so I got refund...

Comment

You should get it Toru. It's a great disc. For STP or GnR fans, it's as close as your gonna get!
            "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

oh! so I should try again then!
              I was thinking of ordering some stuff from Amazon again so I will buy that one too.
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would love to see them live!! I was a huge GnR and STP fan and never got to see either in concert. I hope they make another CD, I listened to the first one nonstop for over a week when I got it!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  oh! so I should try again then!
                  I was thinking of ordering some stuff from Amazon again so I will buy that one too.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best Buy has it for 9.99 with a 3 song (covers) bonus disc.
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I like Franz Ferdinand. They're helluwa guys. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i like Chevelle as well. they're pretty neat, i like their 2nd record a lot.

Comment

Franz actually got boo'ed Even before they played.... rough crowd.

I saw the last song of Chevelle. We were in the Parking Lot when they were on.

As someone above said, if you like STP and GNR this is as close as it gets. Hopefully they will launch a world tour and be able to complete it. I would go to see them again.

Comment

Eh. At first, I didn't like the VR disc. It's started to grow on me a little, but it's not great by any means. Just good.

Admittedly, I've never been a big fan of Slash, though. He seems to come from the Jimmy Page school of guitar: great songwriter, sloppy guitarist. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

really pat? i wouldn't say he's sloppy in the studio; i've only seen him live once about 10 years ago on the first slash's snakepit tour. i've always liked him, myself...

sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

There's something about his style, Sully. It's vaguely Page-like, a lack of precision. Think polar opposite to someone like Vai or Satch who are very technically adept, with maybe old VH in the middle of that spectrum. Know what I mean?

I understand why many like him. I dig him too, but just not in any huge way. More for his songwriting - he's very talented there. Never seen him live, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X