Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw Velvet Revolver last night. They were good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saw Velvet Revolver last night. They were goo

yeah, it's certainly more of a page like school than vai and satch, (as am i, which is probably why i like slash) but i'd say he's way more technically adept than page. one thing i like about him is his note bending choices; he's got some uncommon patterns that he plays in (for me, at least.)

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, I saw Slash several years ago when he was touring as Slash's Blues Ball. Just him and a bunch of other guys playing a ton of 70's covers. Very cool show and I wasn't sure what to expect, but Slash definitely rocked (as did everyone with him at the time). I'm not sure who the others were, it wasn't Snakepit or anybody else he was known for playing with at the time. I was always a Slash fan, but that show just confirmed it for me [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

Comment

agree Slash is very cool and I remember when Appetite hit...that album really stood out because of his guitar work IMO.

I meet him once at the Rainbow - he was beyond wasted..lol.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

cool beans im still not sure if i like them or not, its still growing on me. did Slash break out the old BCR mockingbirds or was it LPs only.

Comment

I have passed twice on VR I just can't get into the disc and I am a huge Guns fan and I lived Core so it isn't that I am anti-STP. Slash reused most of his riffs from his Snakepit days and aside from terrible lyrics and subpar singers I like both Snakepit efforts better than this...

Slash is fairly technical as far as a it goes but no where near Vai or Satch of course and will not compare a guy like Romeo etc... But then again he is more blues rock so his style fits. SRV was a better player than Jimi but for me personally I would rather hear Jimi's Little Wing or Voodoo all day long over SRV. Stevie played them tighter and cleaner too so I don't know why...
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

He played a Mockingbird for the first song. Then 1 LP for everything else. It stayed in tune all night too!

Comment

Working...
              X