You Know What Kills Me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know What Kills Me...

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] These magazines or sites like Guitar One or whatever voting on the best, fastest, blah blah.

IMO there is no best guitar player. There are several amazing ones in many styles.

There is the camp that believes technique is what makes a great player.
    There is the camp that believes all that matters is a good vibrato and good feel.

Michael Schenker is probably the most expressive guitar player I have heard. I am sure there are others.
    He has a combination of a lot of things but he is not the fastest or most technical player yet he has to fall into the catagory of one of the best all time players.

You have guys like Rusty Cooley and Francesco Ferrari (hope I spelled that right) that are super fast but will never sound like Michael Schenker or EVH. Feel and vibrato are secondary to speed with these guys and that is what they prefer to play and listen to.

Are George Bellas and Joe Stump not as good as Yngwie? I think so.

There is no best and a lot of it is personal taste but there are a lot of great ones IMO.
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: You Know What Kills Me...

Well said
    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Very sad but whoever sells most records these day will be on the top list.
      [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

You know what kills me? Murder. Aside from that though I know what you are saying but you have to expect that when tryying to quantify art and also while trying to make commerce as these mags do. Whatcha supposed to do?
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

John Petrucci's my personal favorite. Perfect mix between technical proficiency and awe-inspiring feel of the instrument.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            John Petrucci's my personal favorite. Perfect mix between technical proficiency and awe-inspiring feel of the instrument.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey where's Gary ...G where are you ..

should I do it???!!!

Should I????!!!

You know what I'm talkin' 'bout!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Schenker IS one of rock's greatest ever... he may not be technical as Yngwie but he does shred, solos like "Mother Mary" attest to that. Not many rock guys could play like that back then. I think Michael probably looked at Uli Roth and said "I'll never top that level of technique, but I have some things that are unique to me that are cool. I should focus on my strengths." That's the lesson for all guitarists; I get much more applause for playing "Rock and Roll" by Zeppelin well than by playing "Trilogy Suite" well. Of course if the audience was a metal guitar clinic it'd probably be different. Usually though, it's not. It's important to always try to improve your playing, but yes a simple riff or song that's cool can have as much or more impact than amazing feats of dexterity. That's why I can appreciate Angus Young and Michael Angelo, each excels at what he does.If it's loud, distorted guitar that rocks, I can dig it!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X