funny thing happened while at G.C. this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny thing happened while at G.C. this weekend

so i sold my harley this weekend and took some of the funds to G.C. to buy a brand new lefty guitar and Marshall stack.
    i had an idea that this guy was goin to buy my bike so i called ahead to GC and talked to them about a schecter c-1 lefty, then checked with some of the JCF dealers ( onlinestagegear gave me a sweet offer on one btw)
    part of the funds for the harley sell came in the form of $2k credit at GC so here i was all set to have a shopping spree and the dude at GC didnt even have a clue about what i had talked to him about, he remembered me and our phone convo and his promise to call schecter to find out how long it would take to get one shipped...which he didnt do.
    so ok after we haggle on a price and he says he will call monday for sure, we go check out the amps, i spend about 10 mins trying one out and he says he has to go, his buddies are waiting on him at the bar and he wants to shoot some pool. guess he figured he had the commision on the schecter in the bag and wasnt worried about a small marshall sell.
    so here i am no guitar no amp, so i wander into the drum room and ask about buying a drum set and this salesman is on his game. i ended up buying a Roland V-drum TD-3 kit and the manager threw in the marshall MG 15ms2, which is a mini-me sized marshall full stack. two 10in speakers and a head that looks and works just like the full size stack.
    this little amp rocks. the drums rock, and the manager and drum sales man that threw in the marshall mini for all my trouble and frustation rocks.
    sorry for rambling on but i had to tell yall about it ...not sure if i am bragging on the good deal i ended up with or complimenting the guitar salesman idiot that got me such a good deal [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: funny thing happened while at G.C. this weeken

The part about the incompetent sales person isn't funny, it's totally normal. I thought you were gonna say "Funny thing happened while at G.C. this weekend, I met some dude who knew what the **** he was talking about"!!

Comment

Re: funny thing happened while at G.C. this weekend

congrats - sounds like a sweet deal despite a douche salesman.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Re: funny thing happened while at G.C. this weekend

Damn, I am thankful every time I read about bad salespeople at GC. THe one I frequent has excellent people, and even if they don't know what they are talking about, at least they are nice and attentive. Hell, even If I tell them I am just looking, they beg me to take aguitar down an plug it in. Seriously, one time a salesman was walking by with a PRS-I was looking at little practice amps or something, and he was like "wanna plug it in?" A $2K guitar into a $99 amp! If you ever travel to the DC area, stop bvy the Rockville, MD store. It's great.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Damn, I am thankful every time I read about bad salespeople at GC. THe one I frequent has excellent people, and even if they don't know what they are talking about, at least they are nice and attentive. Hell, even If I tell them I am just looking, they beg me to take aguitar down an plug it in. Seriously, one time a salesman was walking by with a PRS-I was looking at little practice amps or something, and he was like "wanna plug it in?" A $2K guitar into a $99 amp! If you ever travel to the DC area, stop bvy the Rockville, MD store. It's great.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Did you fall asleep on a train, or did you have to walk through some sort of strange door to get there? Cause it sounds like you're in....

Comment

HA HA HA HA! I know it sounds strange, but they are always great there. Sure, there are the guys who walk around and ask you if you need help every 3 seconds, but they go away if you tell them to. Maybe it isn't as big of a store as some others, but it is the biggest one around here and they are usually pretty busy. When I bought my Epi Les Paul, the dude was just like "play it as long as you like, let me know if you want anything or have any questions." He would walk by and see how things were going every few minutes and even took down an LP studio for me to compare them. he also steered me toward the Schecters. When I said I wasn't interested in paying an extra grand for the Gibby, he was cool about it. And every time I buy something there, they send me those postcards for the free strings or cords or whatever-even if I only bought some picks or a mag.

Comment

My oddest experience at Guitar Center was when I bought strings and the saleman asked me for my name. I asked" what do you need my name for?" He says "So I can print you out a receipt, otherwise you cant return the strings if you dont like them" I was like "WTF????" since when can you return strings"? I nearly pissed myself.

Comment

Miker,
                Next time just tell 'em you are
                S. Dryer (or D. Wade or E. Roman)
                123 Dingleberry Ln
                Halitosis, CF

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X