jimosity fabric finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimosity fabric finish

remember when this dude was offering to do fabric finishes for free? I sent him a model 2 body quite a while ago and no word for at least 6 months. I'd like that body back so i can mess around with it. Anybody know him? He doesn't respond to emails.

Re: jimosity fabric finish

Yea, what ever did happen to Jimosity??

Comment

If he is still active on Jemsite.com, have you tried finding him there?

Comment

I think that guy pulled a "WarriorX7" ! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

He is an active member on Jemsite mostly for selling his stuff.
          Here is his last post there.
          It was yesterday's post.
          His e-mail address is there as well.
          http://www.jemsite.com/phpbb/viewtop...amp;highlight=

Comment

<font color="aqua">I'm surprised he didn't list your Model 2 body in that list of stuff he has to trade or get rid of. I got my Model 4 body back from him after about a year of screwing around over it. I believe he may actually be banned from here now. Charvelguy (Tom) had a few parts for Jimosity to do, I wonder if he ever got his stuff back. </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I was wondering about Jimosity, also. I traded my old Ibanez 7-string to him for a Warrior quite some time ago. When I then wanted to get rid of the Warrior, he was interested in getting it back and had another Ibanez to trade. I asked for pics and sent him a PM and he never read it or responded to it and hasn't been seen around here since. Oh well, Newc now owns the Warrior that's been "Halfordized" with the studs! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Oh!
                so that was yours that ended up been the Halfordnised Warrior!
                I am sure you want it back now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL Nah, I don't want it back. It was a cool mutt with MG body and PS4 neck, OFR, five-way with DiMarzio X2N and Super 2, I even put in a Chandler midboost/wah sweep that sounded great! I loved the Warrior shape and how it played sitting down, just didn't like the way it felt standing up... it seemed like I was reaching too far to the left with the neck and it was just a little hard to get used to. The Floyd and body went to Newc, the neck went to someone else, and I kept the pups and Chandler that'll be put in something else eventually.

Comment

Toejam's Chop Shop! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Considering how much time has passed, and the fact that Jim doesn't seem to bother communicating with people, I'm going to tell the short version of my Fabric Finish Fiasco (FFF) with him.

I sent him a Jackson Concept and a bunch of winter camo fabric. At first, things seemed to move along well enough, at least as far as him stripping the old finish and staying in touch with me. I sent it to him in May or June, and he anticipated having it back to me by late August of 2003...as I recall. Something came up that was going to delay it a bit, but he was good at communicating with me so I thought nothing of it.

Well, as I said, this is the short version. Winter camo fabric on the top, plain black on the back and sides. First, he messed up the black. Then he lost my neck plate and some other hardware. I finally got the guitar back after over a year, with the electronics not working. There are smudges and various "debris" either on the fabric or in the clearcoat. I have had it back for several months now, but haven't even bothered figuring out what's wrong with the wiring. I found some websites selling various military decals that will let me keep the theme I wanted and also cover up the many flaws, but ultimately, the only good thing to come out of it was that I got the old faded red finish stripped off.

If you need to track Jim down, you can try posting on his band's message board, if it still exists. I think it's called American Hardcore. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. He admitted to me that he got totally overwhelmed by the project and regretted even attempting it, but that doesn't excuse his actions in my book. I sent him a playable guitar with a bad finish, and got back an unplayable guitar...with a bad finish.
                      sigpic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I think that guy pulled a "WarriorX7" ! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

F U Douchebayg!! [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Anybody know him?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">If you'd like his phone number bro, I still have it. PM me for it. </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Toejam's Chop Shop! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Yeah, man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I've got some pickups and extra parts laying around, and I hope to get some Strat bodies and necks soon to make some more mutts. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks dudes...I will be in touch budman if I get to the having to call him stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X