BILL Z BUB'S ESSENTIAL METAL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BILL Z BUB\'S ESSENTIAL METAL!

Evilution? Evilution. Where have I heard that before.....
    Hail yesterday

Comment

That's right G ...there was too many "Evilution" themed stuff out there...that's why I went with B.O.N.G.. he hee.

there's even a Theme Park somewhere called Evilution I believe I saw it on Discovery..

But G Check into Easy Rider "Regeneration"...G , have I ever steered you wrong.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

There is a reason why I'm up right now ...but to see that reason...check my 'other' thread.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bill
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Some ghey band out of Ohio I think. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No Not anymore...Hey Ron ...hey go read what happend on the other thread ...I can't believe I did that.

There was a death metal band called "Evilution" but they broke up long ago..in '94 ...no other band had that name so it was fair game..

then all of a sudden I started noticing that name pop up here and there ...so I bailed on that name.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm must be still high I already mention Easy Rider...silly name ...awesome band..duh!!!

ELEGY - These guys change labels more than they change their socks....but they are a heavy hitter indeed...This guys been at it for quite some time..headed by shredder Patrick Rondat ..and fronted by the respected Ian Perry ...I wouls start off with their latter stuff like "Forbidden fruit" or "Principles of pain"...that's on (noise) ...very good shreding Power Prog...

ENERTIA - these power proggers are from Chicago and are very underground..They have four under their belt and I highly recommend anyone into aggressive power prog to check them out ...along with bands such as Ion Vein , Syris , Winterkill , and October Thorns...all from Chicago..must be in the water.

EVERGREY - (Nuclear Blast) ..These dark , melodic swedes can do NO wrong in my book ...one of my very favorite bands that I had the pleasure of hanging with ...I felt like a dwarf hanging with them ...because they are all over 7 foot tall so it seemed..but they are amazing ..My favorite by fas is "Recreation Day"...their weakest IMO..is their last (The inner cirscle) because it's riddles with silly samples that just ruin the momentum of a geat song...lots of stupid samples..but far as I'm concerned this band is ESSENTIAL..I love 'em.

EXIBITION - Sign of Tomorrow (Lmb) ..very cool power metal fronted by Ex Seven witches original frontman ..heavily influenced by Dio and Maiden...alot of great metal on the German "Limb music" label ..I recommend going to their site and do some window shopping ..they have much samples to listem to..and a hell of a metal alumni for fans of Power and Power prog...this is very good.

FALCONER - (metal Blade) for those power metallers who worship the likes of Manowar , Rhapsody , Hammerfall and other "medievil" themed power metal bands...the medievil cheeze is very sharp but some people either truly love that or hate it...I like it...at times because they do it well...unfortunately their original singer left and their last one "The Scepter of Deception" suffered because of it...their first two are cool....when I'm in the mood to go medievil on my own ass running around in my Robin Hood garb...but it's fun!.

FIFTH REASON - (Scarlet) this swedish band is for those like me who love stuff like Abstrakt algebra , Momento Mori , Hexenhouse , Tad Marose...Mike Wead produced this dark prog metal gem called "Within or Without"..very melodic , dynamic and polished with great vocals and great playing..

FIFTH ANGEL - (Metal works) These are two metal classic gems for those who love great melodic metal with awesom solos...James Byrd's first band...and should be checked out by ant YJM or Uli fan..it's showing it's age ....but true talent is never "dated".

FIREWIND - (Massacre) This is another band of Gus G. (he's a busy fukker) AWESOME neo classical power metal ..fronted by ex Kenziner (another awesome band) Vocalist Stephen Fredrick...Highly polished , great songs , great clean very powerful vocals and shredding up the wazzo..The two releases are "Between Heaven and Hell" and "Burning Earth"..and a new one is right around the corner...ESSENTIAL

Comment

I'll have to check Easy Rider out, Bill. Still looking for some online samples.

But in the meantime, another band for you all to check out, are their labelmates, Daysend.

They formed after the break up of another good Aussie band, Psi.Kore, who opened for Megadeth last time the Dave Show was down this way.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Chihuahua!

Goddamn I found some awesome bands through this thread!

Adagio, Apocrypha, Biomechanical,...

Anyone got any CD's or know where to get them?
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The band of the day is Cacophony. If you do not have "Speed Metal Symphony" then you're missing out. The title track is one of my very favorite songs, right next to Far Beyond The Sun in my book.

Also worthwhile: Rusty Cooley's self-titled is great shred

Comment

Backmask : www.backmask.com

Lots of different influences, ranging from AiC to Devin Townsend to Soilwork. Fronted by a former webmaster of Megadeth.com
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I already have those.

I am anxiously awaiting Outworld's debutalbum. I mailed with Rusty a couple of times discussing the new album, he said he was very stoked and that they'll be coming to Europe in late winter or early spring. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

check this band out...
                        http://brandnewsin.org/main.html [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

check these guys out too...
                          http://coilback.com/
                          http://diablored.com/
                          [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            check this band out...
                            http://brandnewsin.org/main.html [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like these guys a lot I bought there CD right after it came out.
                            Mike
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

i was just surfin and stumbled across them, yahoo launch has their video "my world" now, so bill... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] sorry if that disqualifies them on your thread. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                              Amp... Pioneer
                              Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

FOREST OF SHADOWS - Excellent, excellent Doom Metal band. CHeck out their old songs like Wish and Under the Dying Sun. I'm not too sure about their newest stuff but what I have is awesome.

http://www.forestofshadows.com

Comment

Working...
                                X