Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Phil Anselmo Not Welcome @ Dimebag\'s Funeral

Hey Tommy, best of wishes in your staying clean. Even the best have failed many times( not speaking of drug related) ..but I really am pulling for you to prevail.

Comment

T is stronger than the H. Hang in there, bro. You are more powerful.

Comment

like i've told you time and time again, you're made of steel, kid. you just gotta believe it.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

thanks for the encouragement guys, but this is about dime. and i can promise you from whatever is left inside me that phil is probably sadder than anyone else. trust me on this.
          i feel really bad for phil as well. his insides are tearing apart like his heart. i know this.
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

If I can quit anyone can do it, eccspecially someone as cool as you Tommy
            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Wow dude, good for you for gettin clean. Stay strong, that stuff didn't do you any good, so there's no reason to think bout giving in to it again. Had a friend in the same situation, lost a lot (used to tour with Slayer in the early days with his band as a drummer, sold his kit and house to feed his habit) and is still fighting with it, so I can imagine how it must feel.

There have been other updates with blabbermouth, I suggest ya'll check it out. There's pics from the memorial service. They didn't let Rex talk too much because they were short on time. He was pissed and destressed, I felt bad for him too.

Looks like Kerry King finally said something about this too.
              http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...net/index.aspx

Comment

Words of wisdom Tommy!!Well said!!

I'm with you bro!!Stay strong!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Sure they don't owe him anything, but they should have let him have the chance to come to terms with what happened, and to say goodbye. Why did Rex get to go? I didn't see him coming back to make another Pantera album either. He took off with Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]Because Rex didn't say "I could kill Darrell like vapor", "he deserves to be severely beaten" and "I have a very devoted fan following; they'll do anything I say. Anything I say", a week before Darrell was murdered by a fan who seemed to identify with Phil. Phil DID say that. Phil talked ugly shit about Darrell and Vinnie snce the end of Pantera, even trying to blame them for it when he is the one who left and didn't come back.It's not just a matter of them not owing him anything. We don't know for sure what Darrell would've wated because he's dead and can't say. Therefore, the rest of the family gets to say. Whatever anguish Phil gets by not getting to go, he deserves for wishing death on the guy. The family has every right to exclude him and anyone should be able to see that. Maybe he'll learn to keep his fukkin' mouth shut, eh? If he feels bad, he should, and he deserves to suffer some for saying that crap about a guy who made him rich and did act as HIS brother. Too bad Phil didn't do the same.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I know of the interview, and posted it way back in this topic. Rex is still a different story, but he still chose to walk out on Pantera just the same dispite knowing what Phil said. Regardless, Phil didn't mean it literally and was just spouting off bullshit. The reports are that the fan was a crazy POS so delusioned that he thought HE was the songwriter for Pantera's music, and if that's the case, then it has nothing to do with what Phil said. Don't get me wrong though. Anselmo really made an ass of himself by saying that sh*t, but not once did he intend for Darrel to die.

[/ QUOTE ]How do you know this, exactly? Are you a mind reader?You don't know, and neither do I, really, but I'll tell you something. I grew up in a culture that's much like the culture of NOLA where Phil lives. You say sh*t like that, as a person who has some power in the underground,and don't be surprised if it falls out the way you called for it. Now you may not know that, but I do, and Phil should have, whether he did or not. The Abbott family does not deserve the added pain of seeing his face right now, and instead of crying over poor Phil people should think of Vinnie, Rita, Jerry and the rest of the Abbott family and friends. I don't feel one iota of sorrow for Phil at this point. He knows a high percentage of his personal fans are ultraviolent and he says "they'd do anything I say". Fukk him and the horse he rode in on.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich, I'm goint to have to ask you to stop sugar coating how you feel about Phil Anselmo. Good grief man, get to your point already. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        thanks for the encouragement guys, but this is about dime. and i can promise you from whatever is left inside me that phil is probably sadder than anyone else. trust me on this. i feel really bad for phil as well. his insides are tearing apart like his heart. i know this.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey Tommy, though I respectfully disagree about Phil, I wish you strength and luck man, and for always thinking the best of everybody you are a great person. I feel a lot more vengeful and here's why.I am identifying with Vinnie and the Abbots here, because I lost my brother not that long ago. He had a couple of slick-talking "friends" who turned out to be thieves. I think Phil is not to be pitied, and no matter how he feels now, if he'd said that sh*t about my brother and tried to come to the funeral, It'd be a very ugly scene.All of you who're saying let it ride with Phil, try imagining that it was YOUR brother who's dead now, and the guy said ugly sh*t about him for 3 years now, ending up saying he could kill him, and saying he should be harmed, then a week later a crazy fan killed him. Put yourself in that exact place, your brother, or son, or husband, and tell me if you'd REALLY forgive the guy. I just don't think so.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Rich, I'm goint to have to ask you to stop sugar coating how you feel about Phil Anselmo. Good grief man, get to your point already. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Sorry Jimmy, you know I have trouble saying how I really feel! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

all i'm saying rich is you do and say stupid shit on heroin. i lost my wife and her family, my awesome home, 62 guitars, my self esteem, and a whole lot of other shit, and i still went back to it. i just know phil feels as bad as anyone right now. except me, cuz i can barely sit upright right now-lol
                            i love you rich.
                            tommy
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey Tommy, keep your chin up(even if you can't keep your head up)bro...you are in my thoughts.

You've got a whole legion of strangers pulling for you here man, and I honestly wish I could be there for you. Best of luck.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I love you too Tommy, in the manly non-gay way Bill often mentions, and I understand why you cut the guy some slack. Heroin or not, you are a 1000 times better person than Phil ever was or will be. He claims he's been clean for 2 years now. I'm sure that's not true. You didn't deserve to lose all you lost. hil at the least deserves to not be there when his prescence would hurt the family so much more. What if Phil'd got high on H ad went on that stage and shot Dime himself? Would you feel he should get off because he was high? I don't. Well, he didn't pull the trigger, and no one can prove he caused it, but just the fact he said it, right before it happened, is enough to keep him away. Everyone here is expressing what would make THEM feel better, but I think the family's feelings are more important than ours.If Vinnie, Jerry and/or Rita welcomed Phil to the funeral, I would accept that without question. NOBODY ELSE has the right to ask that of them, period.
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X