Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

don't believe anything on that lousy damageplan forum. bunch of trolls there. Just keep reading the news. CNN claims 4 dead now. Dimebag is theo nly official band member right now.

Comment

He was the very last true guitar hero that knows how to shred!

Comment

Never got to see Pantera live. Didn't grow up with that sorta music and by the time I was old enough to go to concerts it was too late. They already broke up. I'm a little pissed too, some site was saying it was Dime and their tour manager, some are saying it was Bobzilla and some guys are saying it was Vinnie. Probably gotta wait a few more hrs. On the Zakk Wylde site his pic of him and Dime havin a drink are up.

Comment

Now its on Blabbermouth.
          http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/

Comment

Where the hell was security? I just saw these guys at Las Vegas House of Blues last month, and they searched everyone with a handheld metal detector before going in. This really sucks, I had a shot of Tequila, and a beer with Pat, the singer of Damageplan that night.

Comment

CNN report.
              Dime and his brother Vinnie were killed.
              http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

Comment

wow! what the phuck!
                1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I am tryimg to read that carefully. It still states Dimebag was shot, but doesn't say straight out Vinnie was shot. I will break it up better so it doesn't lump together.

"According to eyewitness accounts, the gunman initially shot and killed the band's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell.

Darrell, 38, and his brother, Vinnie Paul, 40, are former members of Pantera -- a group they formed in the 1980s. Their father is Jerry Abbott, a country and western songwriter and producer."

This is where it is iffy:

""I was up close to the stage and I just saw some guy run up on the side of the stage and I heard some shots and I saw (drummer) Vinnie Paul and somebody jumped on top of Vinnie, and the guy just stayed around the stage and started shooting other people," Caudill said."

Comment

It seems that the gunman went to Dimebag first.
                    Shot him 5 or 6times, then went to Vinnie and kept shooting the rest.
                    I read somewhere that Pat was shot in the leg and Bobzilla is unhurt.

Comment

Holy fukk!! I can't believe what I'm reading!!...totally shocked!
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Dosen't look like we'll get any more new info now. Gonna wait till later in the morning and see what happens. Guess for now all I can say is this:

Thanks for the memories, the music & the inspiration. Ass kickin till the damned end and we'll never forget it.

- Irfaan - [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm in total shock! I was at this hole, Alrosa Villa last month for the Guided By Voices farewell tour. There was NO security there at all. No checks or anything. But, GBV is no metal band either.
                          God Bless Darrell and any others that are deceased.

Comment

Dimebag was always down to earth, had a smile on his face, and minded his own business. He wasn't like most obnoxious rock stars or rappers we see these days that are always on TV running their mouths about other people, politics, or whatever. He's the reason I picked up the guitar and I got into metal. It's hard to believe such a good guy died like this..

Thanks for the inspiration and the great music you put out Dime. I don't know what else to say..

RIP

Comment

This is crazy! What the hell is wrong with people?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X