Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

RIP Dimebag, I only just woke up and read this news. Im absolutely shocked.

Unpopular thing to say, but yet another reason to ban the ease at which people can get guns in America. Things like this shit shouldnt happen.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Some actually cheered as Dime was shot...they thought it was a part of the show

could you imagine being Dime for that instant being shot ...fading away with the sound of cheering..

[/ QUOTE ]

No not at all... That would be terrible
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        They were just interviewing Mancow and he said there are reports that this was drug related. WTF? The shooter was some hayseed from Marysville Ohio. Why do they have to inject drug motives when it comes to this genre of music?

RIP

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, please, ignore anything coming from that windbag Eric "Mancow" Muller. This self-serving piece of garbage doesn't belong on TV let alone Radio.

I've read several folks throughout this thread ask where security was during this. Let's remember a couple of facts.

1) A witness said they saw the suspect jump a back fence and head towards the stage. No metal-detectors at the doors would have caught him.

2) Obviously a guy with a gun will always win over a club security guard with a walkie-talkie.

This is truly a tragedy. It ranks up there with other tragic events as the death of John Lennon, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Criss Oliva.

RIP Dime.

I woke up as I normally do with the alarm and then hit the snooze alarm. Automatically two radios in my apartment turn on Howard Stern. As I lay half asleep in bed lamenting the fact that in another 9 minutes my alarm will go off again, I heard Artie Lange mention Dimebag. I immediately woke up...
        Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Unpopular thing to say, but yet another reason to ban the ease at which people can get guns in America. Things like this shit shouldnt happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ let's not go there - PLEASE!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            truly horrible.

i've got this song on repeat on my itunes today. it's a song that dime did on an ace frehley tribute cd some years ago. maybe some of you haven't heard it, here it is , listen and remember what a great player and overall cool guy he was.

RIP Dimebag

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sully.... Fractured Mirror always was one of my favorite instrumentals. Dime did a great job with it....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ let's not go there - PLEASE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please. I don't believe that this tragedy could have been prevented by gun control.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Unpopular thing to say, but yet another reason to ban the ease at which people can get guns in America.

[/ QUOTE ] Let's not get into that argument here. This is not the time or place for you to get on your gun control soap box.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  This is truly a tragedy. It ranks up there with other tragic events as the death of John Lennon, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Criss Oliva.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  It's funny you should mention that - I bought my first Savatage album today, Edge of Thorns. Criss' last album. And then I got back from lunch with my new purchase, and I catch the news about Dime on the JCF. And it turns out it's the 24th anniversary of Lennon's death (a book on whom I've been reading lately). It's all a bit much to take
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

RIP Dime.

[ QUOTE ]
                    yet another reason to ban the ease at which people can get guns in America.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    And being from the UK you know all about how easy it is to buy a gun over here? Shut your pie hole, this isn't a political thread.

Comment

Nathan Gale is the F Bag shooter CNN identified him

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        RIP Dime.

[ QUOTE ]
                        yet another reason to ban the ease at which people can get guns in America.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        And being from the UK you know all about how easy it is to buy a gun over here? Shut your pie hole, this isn't a political thread.

[/ QUOTE ] Well said Beaner!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/09/nig...ing/index.html

Comment

Well as far as "Gun Control" is concerned...I CARRY a piece with me to quite a few shows and if I was at that show things could have been possibly different....You never know..

that was the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the news.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              truly horrible.

i've got this song on repeat on my itunes today. it's a song that dime did on an ace frehley tribute cd some years ago. maybe some of you haven't heard it, here it is , listen and remember what a great player and overall cool guy he was.

RIP Dimebag

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Sully.... Fractured Mirror always was one of my favorite instrumentals. Dime did a great job with it....

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem; i never really got into pantera or damageplan; i wanted to like the music more than i actually did, but i really enjoyed his playing and killer sense of rhythm. another thing that i liked about dime was how much of a fan he was of other guitar players; he got a tattoo of ace frehley, a stripe of plaid for blues saraceno, and another one recently that i don't remember. i think that's kinda endearing.

this is just horrible...

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                                It's funny you should mention that - I bought my first Savatage album today, Edge of Thorns. Criss' last album. And then I got back from lunch with my new purchase, and I catch the news about Dime on the JCF. And it turns out it's the 24th anniversary of Lennon's death (a book on whom I've been reading lately). It's all a bit much to take

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always strange when these kinds of coincidences pop up.
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X