Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

He does say in a later post that he decided not to sell it; no doubt because of the criticism he recieved. If a blood-stained ticket shows up on Ebay anyway, we'll at least know where it came from.

Comment

• James D. Niggemeyer is a hero

From Blabbermouth and the police chief:

"I can't say enough about (Niggemeyer's) abilities, his skills, the way he handled this investigation," Mull said.

He was able to get in there within two minutes. This man saved lives that night. Unforunately many didn't survive. I am thankful that People like Officer Niggemeyer have the skills, training, and balls to put their life on the line for us.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Yeow. if you look on that link that sephorith posted. Someone posted the killers home phone and address!

Dave Mustaine spoke nice words too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yahoo has a picture of the killer's front door.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't know if it's fair to say that Dimebag was the last hope. I was listening to Pantera last night and I noticed the profound influence that they have had on a lot of metal-core bands that are starting to get bigger now. Dime was one of the few guys flying the flag for guitar hero type stuff in the 90s and you can really hear his (and Pantera's) influence coming into full effect with all the new metal bands out there. Thanks Dime, you will be missed!

edited because i left out a word

Comment

• Re: James D. Niggemeyer is a hero

I'm in shock. What has this world come to lately. R.I.P. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
            www.kiddhavok.com
            www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

man there are some sick people out there.

I also agree that we should keep politics or gun control out of this thread.

Thanks Sully, for the mp3 and locking the dime related threads scattered over the JCF.

Listening to that song and then watching a Pantera video on launch.com the tragedy of it all is really baring down on me....what a sad day [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

from Yahoo
                [ QUOTE ]
                The gunman had a hostage in a headlock and seemed to be preparing to kill him when the officer, James D. Niggemeyer, managed to shoot without injuring the hostage, police said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I was shocked by the news. I wasn't really a Pantera or Damageplan fan, but I respected what Dimebag had accomplished. I even met him once at a Dallas Stars game when I lived in the DFW area. He seemed like a decent guy. This situation is a little spooky to me because my wife and I are moving to Columbus in February.

Sadly, yesterday was also the 24th anniversay of John Lennon's murder by a deranged "fan".

My thoughts and prayers go out to Darrell's family and friends as well as those of the others so senselessly slain last night at the show. RIP, Darrell and the other victims.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

no prob, shawn. it's pretty much the only thing i have of his to listen to, other than pantera's cover of cat scratch fever.

i met him at namm and we compared ace frehley tattoos. he was funny as hell, and just really really nice guy.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      no prob, shawn. it's pretty much the only thing i have of his to listen to, other than pantera's cover of cat scratch fever.

i met him at namm and we compared ace frehley tattoos. he was funny as hell, and just really really nice guy.

sully

[/ QUOTE ] Sully can you put up that cover? I am not sure if I have heard it before.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Well, to end any talk of other bandmembers being killed, Damageplan's website is more or less down, only with a memorial to Dimebag.

http://www.damageplan.com/
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Dime, RIP. God blessed you with talent, you had the courage to embrace it and devote your life to it, and you, in turn, blessed the world with your music. Here's my [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] to the un-fukkin-real jam session you're going to have with SRV, Randy, Jimi, Lennon, ...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

from blabbermouth.net:

Rest Of DAMAGEPLAN Unhurt In Incident, Ex-PANTERA Singer 'Devastated' By DIMEBAG's Death - Dec. 9, 2004

None of the other DAMAGEPLAN bandmembers were hurt in the Columbus, Ohio shooting incident that resulted in the death of the group's guitarist, Dimebag Darrell, a source close to the band has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Meanwhile, several people that have had conversations with Dimebag's former PANTERA bandmate, singer Philip Anselmo (currently in SUPERJOINT RITUAL), early this morning are reporting that the frontman is "devastated" by the news of Dimebag's death.

Although several web sites have reported that the alleged gunman, 25-year-old Nathan Gale of nearby Marysville, Ohio, hopped onstage, and allegedly made a comment about PANTERA's breakup before firing at close range into Darrell's body, Columbus police have not been able to confirm this.

Amateur video was taken from inside the Alrosa Villa nightclub and investigators were examining the tape to see if they could determine the events that led to the shootings.

There were no Columbus police officers inside the club due to a policy that prohibits officers from working inside liquor establishments. Alrosa Villa management was in charge of the building's security.
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Glad to hear that no other band members were killed. God Bless.

I love the "Cat Scratch Fever" riff from that slammed into the middle of "Cowboys From Hell' off of the Pantera live album. That is a great live album. DB had such an awsome tone live. i saw them a few times. I remember when they opened for Skid Row on the Slave To the Grind tour in the parking lot of Brendanb Berne Arena. I was on the floor just a few feet from the front. They had chairs ziptied together. By the time Pantera got off. No more chairs. Just a big friggin pile of plastic and twisted metal all ziptied together.... They had you leave the floor before SR came on so they could clean it all up. Nobody got hurt. Amazing. Saw them at OZZFEST '97 too. One of the last of a generation to still fly the flag.

RIP DBD

Comment

This was posted in the locked thread...
                                [ QUOTE ]

This was posted on the Damageplan forums by a supposed friend of the band.

"I've known them for 16 years. He wasn't just a guitarist, he was a friend. One of the nicest people I've met. Here is what I have been able to ascertain. Realize I could be wrong on some of this, but most of it is gospel.

1) Daryl is dead. We all know this.
                                2) Vinnie is fine (I have confirmed this)
                                3) A bassist from the opening band tried to shield Daryl and was shot. I do not know his condition, but I imagine critical.
                                4) Fans were shot
                                5) The other member dead is believed to be Pat Lachman. This has not been confirmed, but I have this on very good sources, but it is VERY late for any of us who know anyone to get any info.
                                6) Dime was taken to Riverside Hospital (DON'T CALL THERE!)
                                7) A bouncer was shot in the shoulder.
                                Someone was shot in the thigh, I believe this to be the bassist involved, but at point blank range, this may be critical.
                                9) Three are dead (at this writing) one being the shooter. One is Daryl, I am nearly 95% sure the other is Pat.
                                10) The shooter shot at Vince, but he crawled away on the floor and hit the deck (and you would too so no bullshit posts)
                                11) The death toll is now at 5
                                12) FOr those of you arguing about stupid ####, it was a UNIFORMED POLICE OFFICER who snuck in the back and shot the gunman. The cops received the call at 10:18
                                13) Mitch was working. He is okay.
                                14) A Hammer Strength Sec guard was shot
                                15) The other confirmed dead is a security guard (not the above)
                                16) There are now 5 confirmed dead."

[/ QUOTE ]

who knows until the police talk
                                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                                X