Sad day...Dimebag Darrell killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIP Dime

I didn't know Dime but I have been reading all sorts of cool stories from people who have. He was a pretty cool person, not a big ego prick, nice to people and approachable. I feel like I do know him , sadly the more I hear about how he was a man, the sadder I become.

will somebody please post a link the an mp3 of Cemetery Gates?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn, not a MP3 but the full video would be much cooler.
      Check it out.
      They also have "Mouth for War" and 3 more.
      http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/pantera/videos.jhtml

Comment

Another video from the last Pantera Album.
        http://search.launch.yahoo.com/searc.../all?p=pantera

Damageplan videos from Yahoo.
        http://launch.yahoo.com/artist/video...tistID=1100659

Damageplan videos from VH1
        http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/damageplan/videos.jhtml

Comment

Not much else to say that hasn't already. Condolences to all to were close to him, those who knew him and those who now grieve with those of us who mourn his loss.
          God have mercy on you and keep you. RIP

Comment

if u have emule, search for "pantera live" theres a whole gig in korea 2001. Well worth getting.

Comment

Thank you Toru...Cemetary Gates is a great song.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

One of the last of the great shredders....

No compromises, no excuses and no apologies. He will be missed. He was a metal degenerate...but a happy and and soulful player. The man had AWESOME note selection!

Dime was the only reason I listened to Pantera. He always blew me away and made me go back to the drawing board. One of those guys who made you scratch your head in bewilderment like ....'how the fukk he did do that?' [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

So senseless & unnecessary. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

R.I.P. Darryl
                Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

It's a shame that it took Dime's death to bring out our lurkers.... Someone just started a thread about getting the lurkers out to say hi.... Now this... It still feels like a bad dream!

Comment

I heard about it last night, my sister called and left a message asking if it was true. I spent the next 2 hours on the net reading about it, refreshing news sites and feeling numb. My hero had died, something I never ever, ever would have expected to hear. And in such a way, it just hit hard. I then put on floods flatout loud as a farewell tribute for him. 'I sobbed like a little bitch with a skinned knee n shit'. I still tear up every now and then at the thought of this.
                    A guitar hero to millions, and if your life is mostly guitar like mine, it makes him your figure head. I was getting into my influence from him over the years, monday I bought a dimebucker and was sniffing out a zebra '59 for one of my dinkys. Thats been setup in c# since day one for one reason only. He tought me howto shred, lead, and wail through his work, and it will never change. No other guitarist has 'clicked' with me like dime. Randy fukn shredded, eddie, vai, satch, zakk, alot of hero figures out there do too, but mine was this guy. And I have no idea why anyone would want to harm such a great guy.
                    I'll curse never being able to meet him, but cherish dearly the memories of seeing him in '96 on the great southern tourkill. I was mere feet away from him, making eye contact, and I swear he was having just as much fun as anybody in the building. I know he was just like this upto his death, and thats why he will always be a source of inspiration and direction for me, and I'm sure many, many others!

again, its longwinded and personal, sorry, but this hits extremely hard. My entire immediate family has called me, and several friends emailed me making sure I was ok. I guess I rattle on about my idols alot [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

RIP Dime, I cannot describe the impact you've had on my life.
                    (you just know hes kickin' back with some blacktooth action and rollin some riffs with jimmy and randy [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] )

Comment

My heart is broken. The shock is wearing off and the pain is strong.

Comment

I hadn't heard anything about this until i got to work today and it was all over the interstore email system. I was completely shocked. It put a mood on my whole day and I still havent recovered from the news. I had heard also that Pat Lachman was also shot but from the reports so far there's no indication of that. It's a sad loss for all of us. I may not be the biggest PAntera fan but i can certainly apreciate Dimebag for his accomplishments as a musicain and a human being. He was a true music hero and not the stereotpical "dickhead" that alot of stars can become once they get famous. (ie scott stapp) I feel for Vinnie seein his brother gunned down right in front of him and couldnt do a thing but dodge the bullets meant for his brother. I dont mean to get phylisophical or sappy i'm just shocked and depressed about this whole ordeal.
                        RIP Dimebag you will be missed.
                        Gil

Comment

Me too, it's such a shame that some shitthead ruined it for everyone. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] At least he's dead too! I keep thinkin', I've played in at least a hundred clubs or more that size, and I never once thought I would get shot at. The whole thing is fukked up. RIP DIme!

Comment

Mustaine will be hosting headbangers ball tomorrow/tonight (dec.10th) for a damageplan tribute episode.

"Droogies!

I have the honor of hosting the MTV Headbangers Ball Tribute Episode for Damageplan on December 10th, from 10:30-12:00.

For those of you who do, please pray for me that I would do Darrell justice.
                            For those of you who don't, please just send positive thoughts so this will be a truly fabulous, honoring, and respectful reflection back on a very good man, and guitar virtuoso.

I love you all.

Mustaine"

Comment

I wish they picked someone else. It sucks having a guy who over the years referred to Dimebag as "Douchebag Darrell" presenting such an important rememberance.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I last posted on page 5. I ajm noe really fukked up from frinking jack, jager, and coke. no shit, i cam hammerrweed which i dont do very often any motre, . This on e is for you Darrrell . I apop;ologize to anyone who dfoesn't approve, but this really affected me.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOOD FOR YOU, i wish i was, tho i always hated waking up after those nights. i bet there were of people who lit one up in memory of him. the part i think is most F'd up is he was a cool guy. how many rock stars drink with fans at the bar, smoke with fans who manage to make there way back stage, & just BS with them. ive met a few & can say he wasnt one of the arrogant rock star assholes. Just one hard core party motha Fer who kicked some serious ass on guitar. at least he got to jam with Halford, something i think every metal guitarist dreams of doing. RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X