Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIP Dime

DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul issued the following statement:

"With all his greatness and accomplishments on the guitar, Dime will be missed more for his giving personality, charisma, caring for others, love and most of all his HEART!! Twice as big as the state of TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Dime gave it all every day to each and every one of us and our lives have forever been hollowed without him...Thanks to all of you for reaching out to us in this time of our immeasurable loss. REST IN PEACE BROTHER DIME!!!!!!"

The surviving members of DAMAGEPLAN issued the following joint statement:

"Jeffrey 'Mayhem' Thompson was not just a true part of the DAMAGEPLAN family, but part of the whole Dallas music scene. He was friend to all, with a great personality. He bent over backward to help us all with his trademark phrases like 'What can I do for you sir?' and 'Coming up!' He also stated his willingness to protect us, saying 'I'd take a bullet for ya,' and unfortunately did in defense of our lives. He truly lived and died for his friends and made the ultimate sacrifice, giving his life to save ours. For this we will never forget. You will be missed big man."

Comment

I agree ACE and that story amkes sense this guy was just a flat out Nutball. I don't really see anything that Phil said in that article that would have been a cue to kill Dime. He said in descript terms that he personally could crush Dime in a fight... Nothing that would indicate that he wanted anyone besides himself to take any action...
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

thanks ace, i was just gonna post that.

as i discover more of his music, the sadder i get over this. pantera isn't my cup of tea, but walk and mouth for war have a great groove to it.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That kind of talk is just typical "rock and roll" rhetoric. Know one can even begin to understand what Phil was/is going through. Noboby pushed this fuckbag to do what he did...

Comment

"5 Minutes Alone" and "I'm Broken" has that great groove too.

Comment

I'll add Drag the Waters to the groove of those songs at least for me... Sully at least you ahve the chance to go back now and listen to a good size collection of Dimes work
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

thanks jim and titso (old school jcf'ing right there!) i'll check those songs out.

i wish i woulda spent a bit more time talkin to him when i saw him at namm; he was just so fuckin nice.
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  thanks jim and titso (old school jcf'ing right there!) i'll check those songs out.

[/ QUOTE ]

JCF'ing: verb: To take care of someone whom you do not know personally because you share guitar tastes and are friends in an online enviroment

For Example(When recieving a free NAMM pass or hard-to-find guitar part from a complete stranger from across the country): "DUDE!! I'VE BEEN JCF'ed big time!! Thanks Ron!!"

Example: "If that muthafucka keeps asking for a trem arm for a JT580LP, I'm just gonna JCF him mine to shut him up!!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] while i didn't mean it in that context, that's awesome and adds new meaning to the term jcf'er! that rocks, as do you, sir!

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Sully, check out "The Art of Shredding", last song on Cowboys From Hell. I would also suggest you crank the volume as much as possible, this song hits.

I'll shoot you the MP3 if you don't have it.

Comment

Could anyone record the headbanger's ball Tribute to Dime for me?
                        It srarts tomorrow at 10pm.
                        I don't have a way to see the show... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

That is absolutely part of what the term JCF'ed means!

Comment

I would also love to have a recording of that tribute.

Comment

I'll be taping it vhs.... I could probably figure out a way to copy it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I'll be taping it vhs.... I could probably figure out a way to copy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

One copy for me, too please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X