Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIP Dime

Okay... I'll tell ya what.
    I'm definitely taping this... tonight the Keith is calling me (he's away on assignment and the one with the electronics know-how) and I'll ask him how best to make copies. Probably just use two VCRs.
    I would be happy to make copies for anyone.
    So I'll let y'all know tonight for sure if I can do this.
    Deal? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I'll be taping it vhs.... I could probably figure out a way to copy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
      If you could do that, I will pay the tape and shipping cost!
      [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Doesn't anyone have a TV tuner card? It lets you play and even record stuff from TV on your PC.

Here are some examples:
        http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProd...=Go&DEPA=0

Comment

I don't have one of those, but those are cool!
          I do have DVDx2.2 - not sure how to use it. You can take VHS and rip it to DVD.
          Hmmm.... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            I'll be taping it vhs.... I could probably figure out a way to copy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
            If you could do that, I will pay the tape and shipping cost!
            [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do the same Em. It would be greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a tuner card in my computer, but I don't get MTV2.

Comment

I for sure want to see it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I have a tuner card in my computer, but I don't get MTV2.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's being shown on MTV2, not BET.... hrmmph... I mean regular MTV?
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

OKay. I can definitely make copies of the HBB Dime tribute!

Here's your choice: Vhs (but I only have mono on my VCRs, so they wouldn't be in stereo) or a movie CD.
                    PM me so we don't take up space in this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                    (so far I have Toru, txcharvel, zerberus, hotrod, Ace did you want one?)
                    Depending on how many requests I get, I would be happy to do this at no charge whatsoever.

Cheers,
                    Em

P.S. Forgot to mention- if you want a CD you'll have to wait a week or so. The Sarge will have to do those when he comes home next weekend.
                    Otherwise, vhs I can do myself right away. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah Headbangers is an MTV2 show... and stop calling MTV, BET..... BET doesn't play that much rap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I'm still so numb, My heart is broken too, I really really wish This would all go away, I havn't experienced pain like this in so long, My freinds and I basically grew up with Dime and we are all really just in so much shock.....

Has anyone even heard from Phil? or Rex? I wonder how they feel right now, since they both slagged Dime, Phil more so than Rex...

I just don't know what else to say.....I'm so lost..

www.paulgilbert.com

It's reached that far

Chris

RIP Brother, you will never leave my mind
                        Darrell Lance Abbott 1966-2004

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I agree ACE and that story amkes sense this guy was just a flat out Nutball. I don't really see anything that Phil said in that article that would have been a cue to kill Dime. He said in descript terms that he personally could crush Dime in a fight... Nothing that would indicate that he wanted anyone besides himself to take any action...

[/ QUOTE ]Actually, if you read the whole article, he did say that Darrell deserved a severe ass beating, then went on to say that no one should cross him because that wouldn't go too well for them, then said that he has a very devoted fanbase, fans that will "do anything I say". So while you can't blame him directly, if a nutcase like Nathan Gale read the Metal Hammer interview online, and I know my Midwestern metalhead friends tend to read the webzine sites pretty faithfully, this nut could've felt Phil was putting the hit on, through him, the psycho-fan.No legal guilt, that's sure, but some moral guilt? It's more than possible, considering that in the "divorce" Phil's fans are probably much the more unstable and violent of the ex-Pantera fanbase. I'm sure Phil didn't really want this to happen, but it's possible his rant could have been a trigger to Nathan Gale. We'll probably never know, but the timing sure looks bad, and Phil should be feeling pretty sh!tty about the whole thng right now. He basically said bad things should happen to Dime, and that his fans will do anything he says. To a psycho ready to snap, that could sound like marching orders. Then he reads that Damageplan is in town next week and decides to do Phil's "bidding". It's not directly Phil's fault that particular psycho's out there, but he should realize by now that some of his fans ARE psycho, and not trawl with that kind of sh!t-talk.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Has anyone even heard from Phil? or Rex? I wonder how they feel right now, since they both slagged Dime, Phil more so than Rex...

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither has issued a response. I hope they both do; it's the least they could do.

Pretty much every site I came across except Metallica's site has some sort of mention on the front page of what happened.
                            edit: now even Metallica has issued a statement
                            http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=5623

Comment

Rich I hear you but honestly I didn't see anything that direct if ya dig.... What Phil said wasn't positive but it wasn't more than the usual dirty laundry from what is a pretty agressive guy from an agressive band. I just can't try to pin blame on him although I am not a Phil fan. Actually you are correct though the Phil fans seem a bit more over the top than the Dime fans and I know a couple Phil guys.... Most people I knew though were just Pantera fans no side. Ah well this is just tragic and Nathan Gale was insane. If what ACE reported is true about him he had major problems and I honestly don't think Phil fueled them any farther ya know.... This is just screwed up

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither has issued a response. I hope they both do; it's the least they could do.

Pretty much every site I came across except Metallica's site has some sort of mention on the front page of what happened.
                                edit: now even Metallica has issued a statement
                                http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=5623

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing is that it might still be a little too soon but still Zakk and even Vinnie issued something if neiother of them do over the weekend I will be disappointed they owe their old mate that much no matter how they parted... I have heard Rex is a royal prick though from 2 people who met him

Comment

Working...
                                X