DImebag Trust Fund / Donations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DImebag Trust Fund / Donations??

I was thinking about this all day, I've been in the car, listening to XM Liquid Metal, Pantera/Damageplan ALL DAY!!! Nice touch I may say, Kudos to you 42!!!

Anyway, I was remembering the death of Indian Larry and on his site, there were a couple of charities he supported/donated, etc. And we ( being my company ) made a donation in his name to one of these charities. I was thinking we can do the same thing collectively as a donation from the JCF towards whatever charity is posted, or however Dime would have wanted it. I know the drum tech (sorry, I missed his name and don't have a lot of time to look, no dis-respect intended ) is in the hospital with no insurance, there were some comments made about this on XM42 earlier and were talking about donations, etc and that something would be setup tonight or tomorrow.

So anyway, I was thinking, we could put a form together to accept credit card donations and/or PayPal and collectively donate accordingly from the JCF. I'm not sure exactly how to do this, but I think if we opened it up for x amount of time and at the end, we get a tally and send the funds accordingly.

I've talked to the admin's about this and they are all in favor of this, so let's make this happen.

Questions:

1. Do we make the donations public here? Only to include Member name ( screen name ) and total? This way, there's no question of how much was donated collectively.
    2. PayPal? Would it be a good idea for the JCF to setup a PayPal account ( somehow ) and have PayPal donations accepted this way? ( This can also double as a community chest type thing as the old board in times of peace )

It's obviously just a thought, but I think we can make it happen. The link to accept various form of payments will be on the JCF directly and encrypted via SSL.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Pat

Re: DImebag Trust Fund / Donations??

Also, check out XM Radio, there's a free 3 day trial, just takes a confirmed email addy, get it and go to 42 and crank it up.

XM Radio

Also, I'll be donating the first $50...

Pat

Comment

Great idea!

I remember when i saw damageplan in the UK this year, and i think the drum tech is the same guy that was with vinnie back in pantera, on the home vids etc...i think it was Kat?

I havent heard anything about this as of yet. Where did u hear about it? I really want to help, i have no money but mite be able to scrounge some cash together. But its one of those situations where every little helps i guess. ill get bak to u in a day or two.

Comment

They mentione dit on XM today, but I didn't get the details, Iw as trying to do some IM'ing from my phone, drivin down the highway, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, it will be posted on damageplan I believe as soona s it's ready.

But again, the effort I'm trying to set forth is a collective effort from the JCF, not us individually to the Dime fund, collectively.

If everyone donates $2 via PayPal, x 2000 members, that's quite a donation...

Pat

Comment

Sounds like a GREAT idea Pat! Count me in!

If we post who donated, I don't think it appropriate that we post how much was donated by any particular individual but maybe just a grand total and usernames... JMO...

Comment

Well, I don't think anyone here is too humble, hell we're all musicians... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] For the most part, not a lot have a lot of money and it is Christmas, so... I hear ya and understand completely tho, no doubt.

But, I'm game with whatever the majority rules, I'm just basically thinking out loud...

Pat

Comment

I would be honored to make a donation in memory of Dime. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm in at any dollor level.
                A Paypal thing would be the easiest way to donate, but I got no problem sending a check or getting a MO...whatever.

Comment

I'll do whatever I can for Metal. I always will.

Comment

I'll donate.. won't be much since i'm broke but anythings better than nothing I guess.

Comment

I am in for sure.

Comment

i am in for a few bucks, set it up and i am willing to bet most everyone here would kick in a few dollars.
                        i agree with pat, $2 from each of us would add up to alot real quick.
                        i also agree with wulfe, it dont matter how much you donate just that you give to others in this time of need.

Comment

I'm in for a couple bucks. I can't spare a lot with everything I've spent on Christmas, but count me in. I'm still pretty horrified over the whole thing. It's been on my mind all day.

Comment

I am in for couple of dollars.

Comment

Alright guys, I'll get something together in the morning. Get the form built and the SSL going so it's all encrypted, etc etc blah blah blah.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X