DImebag Trust Fund / Donations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: We just hit $1,000.00 Folks!

Personally, I'm pissed. I think that a membership this big should hit $2500 easy.
    Do you guys realize that the drum tech's bill alone could be $15,000 if he's uninsured? The manager probably has ins, but we're talking $75k for any intensive care, and Mr. Halk's burial? $7k easy.
    Mayhem, the same as Halk.

I don't want to be a dick, but, I'd hope we could kick $2500 to the fund.

All you old fly on the wall fukks like me that have been blessed with a family and career think of these guys that did what we used to do or dream of doing and died for no reason. Give it up for folks that you feel a connection for here.

BTW: $1000 is a really nice gesture from a non profit website that is not officially sanctioned by any manufacturer or band. Hell, Jackson and Charvel/Fender didn't sponsor Dime or anyone involved.
    I do applaud all you guys for jumping on this, but I think we can do a lot more.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I agree, 4200 members on the JCF should be able to come up with at least $2500. Hell, I think we could do a lot more than that.

Just think of the love these people will feel when a bunch of strangers give 'em a wad of money to help with their unexpected loss.

The JCF is the best place on the net. Merry Christmas all...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The JCF is the best place on the net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's show the world what we already know folks... If you haven't donated, throw $5 or $50 in the kitty!!!

In my best Martin voice... What the problem is? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

donated again. it's THAT fun!

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I don't get paid again until Monday..will that be too late?? I'll toss a bit more then

Comment

not too late at all.
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Got the DVD from Skidd today, thanx again bro! ( Quite the nice donation ) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

As soon as J arranges for some blanks, I'll get rolling on them and get em out. I may have a few around to get started tho, we'll see.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'll check it later.

Pat

Comment

Thanks for the memories my brutha. I never met you in person but always felt that I knew you....and you knew me.

You will live forever.

Comment

I'm a late-comer to this thread. Fund sent. Thanks so much for putting this together! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Donated page has been updated...

Thanx guys! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Pat

Comment

Look, people donate what they can and with the holidays upon us, I'm sure some of our members are strapped. Also, we are just one of several web sites collecting funds. Quit trying to guilt people into donating more than they feel they should.

I was under the impression this fund was designed to help, not totally wipe out all debts. If it does, that's dandy. If not, take satisfaction in the fact that you helped as much as possible and leave it at that. The End
                        "POOP"

Comment

With all due respect German. I find it hard to believe 4000 members are strapped so bad they can't donate $5.

Nobody's trying to guilt people into donating more than they can afford or donate at all.

Personally, I think/know we can do better than 60 or so donations, no matter if it's $2, $5, $10 or $50. As for several other sites taking a collection, sure, but this is OUR forum, this is OUR contribution. Of these other sites you mention, how many members are there and how much have they collected to date? And how are they collecting/accepting donations? I'm very curious to know.

As for multiple donations, I've been wanting to post about that for a couple days, but haven't. But basically, nobody needs to donate more than once and obviously more than they can afford, unless they're shooting for the DVD and only donated what they could initially and making a 2nd donation would get them a DVD. But certainly, nobody should donate what they can't afford.

The fund is designed to help, nothing more. But look at the expenses, hell 2 aspirins cost $10 in a hospital, and cleaning the room is a couple hundred.

Peace!

Pat

Comment

Also note that we really aren't promoting the fact that we're taking up a collection, at least I haven't see any. There really is no pressure, there is a sticky thread, if people hit the thread and want to donate anything they can.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

also keep in mind that while we may have over 4,000 registered members, we have maybe 100 or so active posters. big difference. if we deleted the profiles of inactive users, you'd see a registered membership of maybe 300 people.

let's not start giving the members a hard time about not donating. this isn't mandatory, but yes, it would be great to raise thousands of dollars.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Re: DImebag Trust Fund / Donations??

Mmmm, I don't see anywhere that explains what the money is going towards. I don't want to read the whole thread, I'm lazy. I'll gladly donate as much as I can afford, but I would like to know some details.

Thanks
                                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                                X