Who else saw TSO last night??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else saw TSO last night??

I did here in Chicago, I think maybe Jeremy was there...

But this morning I got an e-mail from Angus Clark saying that someone told him to tell me "Hi" in line in Dallas. Richard?
    Occupy JCF

Re: Who else saw TSO last night??

I Saw them in Green Bay. Great show!!! the lights and pyro is just amazing on this tour. I love it. I got to speak to Angus for a bit. Awesome show, I highly recommend anyone to go see it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Nope but I will see them the night before Christmas Eve in Albany NY. Can't wait.
      We must!
      We must!
      We must increase the bust!
      The bigger the better!
      The tighter the sweater!
      The boys are counting on us!

Comment

They played here in St. Louis the day after Thanksgiving and I was out of town. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          They played here in St. Louis the day after Thanksgiving and I was out of town. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on going to that show. I was going to take my future in-laws, but we couldn't get the plans together.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Question about the TSO tours

I've never seen a TSO show but I hear it's awesome! There are 2 tours, right? Generally, East & West Coast. So I check the TSO website to see which guitarists are going to be on the West:

http://www.trans-siberian.com/ontour/touring-band.shtml

It doesn't even differentiate the 2 tours. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

By clicking on each of the guitarists' websites, I conclude that Caffery is the main touring guitarist for East, with Skolnick showing up for Boston (12/30) only. I see Angus Clark as guitarist for the West (check out the website credits; there's a familiar name). Pitrelli's website only links back to the above page [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] although it says he works the West tour also.

So, are there 2 guitarists at the show, or only one? I kinda wanted to see some shredding, hopefully by Caffrey, because I saw him on a short TV clip rippin' it up on the Santa Claus Rhoads, he sure seems to love the Jackson Rhoads!
            http://www.chriscaffery.com/pictures_files/CC43.htm

So, guys (especially Tekky): How is this Angus Clark fella? Can he rip it up too? Will Pitrelli be onstage also? Knowing my tastes, is this gonna be worth it to spend $30 - $50?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Re: Question about the TSO tours

Ooh, good development: I just read this on Angus Clark's website:

"I will be playing a new guitar for most of the show this year - the Jackson RR5 Randy Rhoads model. Listen for the Randy Rhoads quotes in the show!"

http://www.angusclark.com/news.html

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Ooh, good development: I just read this on Angus Clark's website:

"I will be playing a new guitar for most of the show this year - the Jackson RR5 Randy Rhoads model. Listen for the Randy Rhoads quotes in the show!"

http://www.angusclark.com/news.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tekky~ It was me that spoke to Angus in Dallas....

BTW. the Randy quotes were freakin' awesome.... Nothing like sitting back listening to Canon in D and hearing the solo to Goodbye to Romance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I swear I almost came out of my seat when I heard that....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I've never seen a TSO show but I hear it's awesome! There are 2 tours, right? Generally, East & West Coast. So I check the TSO website to see which guitarists are going to be on the West:

http://www.trans-siberian.com/ontour/touring-band.shtml

It doesn't even differentiate the 2 tours. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

By clicking on each of the guitarists' websites, I conclude that Caffery is the main touring guitarist for East, with Skolnick showing up for Boston (12/30) only. I see Angus Clark as guitarist for the West (check out the website credits; there's a familiar name). Pitrelli's website only links back to the above page [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] although it says he works the West tour also.

So, are there 2 guitarists at the show, or only one? I kinda wanted to see some shredding, hopefully by Caffrey, because I saw him on a short TV clip rippin' it up on the Santa Claus Rhoads, he sure seems to love the Jackson Rhoads!
                  http://www.chriscaffery.com/pictures_files/CC43.htm

So, guys (especially Tekky): How is this Angus Clark fella? Can he rip it up too? Will Pitrelli be onstage also? Knowing my tastes, is this gonna be worth it to spend $30 - $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Ron... When you were looking at Angus' site, did you notice anything familiar at the bottom?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

To answer your question, yes there are two guitarists with each company. East coast has Chris Caffery and Alex Skolnick. The West coast has Angus and Al. They both trade off leads as well as do some harmony stuff. I've now seen both tours and I've got to say that both are very close.

However, I am bummed about Brad's report though. I'm not able to see the West coast this year as I had for the previous three years. Chris didn't do any Rhoads licks during the show. (I laughed when Angus told me he was going to do that, I'm gonna have to find a bootleg from this year's tour!)

Angus is a very accomplished guitarist with a diverse background. Besides TSO, he has played with Kitaro as well as several rock groups in New York. He just released his solo album which is pretty diverse in it's own right.

Bottom line, it's well worth the price of admission. Our very own Jeremy/Sandman went to see TSO the same night I did. I talked to him last night, he seemed impressed with the show.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

I saw them in Minneapolis on December 5th. I was very impressed. The most special thing about the evening is that it was my six-year old daughter's first "rock concert". She was a little bored in the middle of the show, but she perked up for everything after the story part ended. Her jaw just dropped when she saw all the flames and fireworks. I picked up their latest CD a few days ago, and she loves listening to it. She is also a Dream Theater fan, so I've got a good little prog-rocker in the making. She said she wants to go see them next year again.

She also liked the female vocalists; it was probably good for her to see that women can "rock" right along with the men.

We didn't stick around after the show to meet any of the band, as it was getting very late and my mom and dad were babysitting our youngest, so we figured we should get going.

I spotted Angus' RR5 right away (we were on Angus' side of the stage), and pointed that out to my daughter (I have a white pinstriped RR1T), and Al Pitrelli played a white EDS-1275 (Gibson SG double-neck), which I also own, so she got to see another one of "daddy's guitars" on stage.

The only bummer is that any other concert I take her to will pale in comparison to the stage show that TSO had. I can just hear her: "Daddy, where are all the fireworks and the real fire?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

There wer a lot of other kids there too. All you parents out there, definitely think about bringing the kiddies with!

- E.
                    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

if you see TSO west, its Angus Clark and Al Pitrelli. Definitely worth the $$$. i've seen TSo West 2x. Pitrelli's playing is massively underated...he can shred with the best of them.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] Got my tickets for the 27th at the Garden. Can't wait [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                        Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

LOL, Ron... When you were looking at Angus' site, did you notice anything familiar at the bottom?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, dude, I mentioned that in my first post:

"I see Angus Clark as guitarist for the West (check out the website credits; there's a familiar name). "

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, a little sleep on my behalf would have saved me some embarassment...
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                            X