Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine is making me eat my words!

Just posted on Blabbermouth.

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has posted the following message on the group's official message board:

"Droogies!

"Tonight I had the honor and priveledge to host a special [MTV2 'Headbanger's Ball'] tribute to the life of Darrel 'Dimebag' Abbott.

"I went out to NYC Thursday at 9:30 PM on a redeye to do this, and during the period since then, I have had a good amount of time to reflect on my own life.

"I realized how fortunate I am, and have been to have met some of you, and in some cases become friends with many of you.

"What is bothering me is the people who I have not been able to meet, or worse, have met and ended up not being friends with. There are many.

"I would like to, in honor of Darrel's life, learn from him and how many friends he apparently had made.

"Over my career I have a lot of cleaning up to do on my side of the street as well as letting things go, for once and for all; I need to apologize to many people and also to forgive and quit holding grudges.

"Having said that, if there is something I did to you or someone you know, please give me the opportunity to make this right.

"To SLAYER and METALLICA: I am sorry for whatever I may have done in the past and wish to make it right, to put it behind us. Please let me know how and when we can talk this out.

"To previous bandmembers and managers: I say the same to you.

"To all the MEGADETH/METALLICA fans: from this day forward, there will never be another unkind word from my mouth perpetuating this silly 22-year-old feud.

"And to heavy metal fans around the world: I am going to emulate Dimebag by being more like him; more friendly, and more interested in your lives too, I promise.

"I am grateful to have been asked to come in this hour of darkness to represent us all as we come together and heal as a worldwide music community, and I would be a fraud if I didn't say I need to do more to better represent.

"Thank you in advance for your forgiveness and for your support."

Re: Mustaine is making me eat my words!

Wow...That doesn't sound like Mustaine! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Let's hope it's for real.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

wow nice words - getting my vcr ready. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

He must be high... Really high...

Hehe, well, it's good he probably feels that way somewhere deep down, and those are very heartfelt things to say, you can tell that. Whether he keeps on that track and acts on his inner feelings, well, we'll see about that ehh? I honestly hope so.

Life is pretty short to be a jackass to everyone. I hope he makes peace with who he needs to, as well as with himself. You can certainly sense inner unrest from those words, and inner unrest sucks. Trust me, I know this.

Comment

This probably reminds him of Cliff a lot, even though that was an accident.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Glad to see DBD touched many of us when he was alive and is doing it still after death. DM - I have met him before and he was okay to me but have heard many a story of unkindness. Glad to see someone finally touched him in a way that it made him see something in himself that was needed to be changed for the better. Special comes on in an 30 minutes. I am waiting anxiously.

Comment

I too have talked with DM many times and he was always very cool to me. I have heard the stories, though. While it's true where there's smoke, there's fire, perhaps these stories get blown out of proportion often?

I hope Dave can bury some of his demons.

Comment

i'm the same way, i hope God keeps opening his eyes. I always hoped he wasn't the moron, i heard about.

Comment

I just turned on Mtv and Mustaine is hosting a special Headbanger's Ball tribute to Dime tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Dave mentioned how he wanted Dime to play for him at the time right after SFSGSW, but Dime wanted his brother in the band, also. Dave said he couldn't because he just hired Nick Menza, so Dime passed. Dave said he's sorry he missed the opportunity to work with him. RIP Dime!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This special is kick butt - wish i'd have turned it on when it started - crap.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thatls awsome of dave, people like that sometimes and actually they're cool, Dime touched us all and now we all want to carry on his cookness

Dime this ones for you
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

yeah, dave talks about that in the reissue version of Rust In piece. just like you said, dave had mensa, and dime won;t go without vinnie, so dime was all, "good luck brother!". cool story.

Comment

I don't know, but I certainly hope he stays on track, I just hope it's not a PR statement of some sort... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I'm the one that will give you the benefit of the doubt, until you show the other side, hopefully in this case, the other side is gone.

Sounds sincere, looks sincere. Nice job so far Dave!

Pat

Comment

Man....... I haven't seen that video in a while, it really hit home... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

I can't really bring myself to watching it. Been a bad week here, with Dime and other personal crap, and that would put me in a worse mental state than I already am.

Sad stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X