GAS Anonymous? Help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAS Anonymous? Help me!

Guys, I've got a major case of GAS going on.

I've got a couple of guitars on order, but they probably won't be here anytime soon. That wait I expect and can deal with. What's really killing me is that, with the exception of an E-bay purchase several months ago, I haven't brought home a new axe in many moons - it's nearing a year. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I'm going nuts here. I desperately want to pick up something new, but I also want to hang back until after the NAMM show and see what new stuff is announced. Don't want to blow my wad. I'd beat myself up if I bought something now, only to see something much cooler come out at NAMM.

I know: I'm a retard. How do you cope? Any recommendations? Is there a 12 step support group? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: GAS Anonymous? Help me!

Be like me: poor.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Someone here said, the money can be replaced but gears, not.
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Just keep thinkin about stuff that is not on the market yet!So you'll be gassin for something you cannot buy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, I should also mention that I'm pretty conservative with $ decisions. I never order/buy a guitar unless the money's in the bank already. I could more than afford to do otherwise, but that's a nice artificial way for me to keep my limitless addiction in check.

Unfortunately, that also means that I have $ burning a hole in my pocket. Which only makes trying to control "the fever" even worse when I know that I'm close to pulling the trigger on purchases. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Er...maybe you could try giving the guitar money to a good friend that you trust and say 'Whatever I say, do -not- under any circumstances give me back that money 'til NAMM, ok!?' ..That should do it!

Comment

I said I'm crazy, not stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Approaching the podium: "Hi. My name is Shreddermon, and I'm a guitar-aholic. (Holding up the sales receipt.) It has been 305 days since my last purchase." [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

GAS really is unbeatable. No sooner had I bought a $2,400CDN guitar back in the middle of October 2004 (my most expensive guitar-related purchase ever) and swore off GAS at LEAST for another year that I had a hankerin' for a Les Paul style guitar. And it's only two months later! I am out of control. And I'm a student with other financial priorities too. I blame the JCF for my gear fetish. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, it is unbeatable.
                  You just have to rob a bank and buy all you want or simply stay away from JCF until GAS is gone.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It is incurable. Every time I score something I really, really, really, want, I say to myself: "That's it. I'm done. I have my dream guitar. I'll never need to look for another."

Lasts about a day.

Comment

i can only dream of things anymore. be happy you have these problems.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

spend every possible cent on beer. Enough beers temporarily fights the symptoms of GAS. So the more you drink, the less money you will have to buy gear, and the more time you spend passed out, the less time you will spend thinking about your next purchase.

Comment

It's a sickness that has no cure. Thankfully I can't afford super-expensive guitars any more, so I feed my habit with less desireable/good quality stuff. It's only been a couple of months since I paid $1,150 for my Lado, but I'm desperate for something new already.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Shredderman,

You didn't honestly think any of us who suffer from the same affliction could possibly offer any assistance, now did you? Foolish boy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's tough, I know. I told my wife no more gear for a while. Now I've got a DK2LE on the way thanx to SeventhSon, and I've yet to tell her I bought it. Oh well. I'll tell her to consider it a Christmas gift to myself since I've told her to not really get me anything but rather concentrate on the kids. Man, did she ever "concentrate" on the kids! Anyone looking to buy an extremely abused wallet as a cheap Christmas gift? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Move on from guitars to amps, that is what I did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I don't want new guitars anymore (but always lookin) but tube amps have me by the balls right now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X