MP3 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 players

I'd like to pickup a small MP3 player to take to the gym. CD players are a little too impractical to lug around when your working out and don't work well when I go for a jog. Anyone have any advice on picking a good player? Any recommended brands...anything to look for?

So far the only requirements I can think of are...something small/lightweight, with a good amount of memory 256+...

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Re: MP3 players

Depends on how much a "good" amount of memory is and how much you're willing to spend. The mini ipods seem pretty nice, but they're kind of pricey.

Comment

I like the RCA Lyra and an SD card. It's TINY and I'm about to put a 1GB card in it. Runs on a standard AAA battery and has a USB interface. 1/2 the size of a pack of cigarrettes and cost $49 with 64MB built in. The onboard memory is useless, but 1GB cards can be had for ~$80.

Also, RCA makes a lyra that is non-expandible for $129 at Computergeeks.com with 1.5GB storage. That'd be my choice right now if I didn't already have the 64MB expandible model.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Depends on how much a "good" amount of memory is and how much you're willing to spend. The mini ipods seem pretty nice, but they're kind of pricey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the mini IPod is $250 and has 4 gigs.. for $50 more you can get the normal IPod with 20 gigs. $300 is a lot of money, but I'm probably going to get myself a 20gig Ipod anyway; they're a good size, very light, and I can upload my 18gig music folder in it. Sony also has some good MP3 players. I'd wait until after christmas, prices should drop and new ones will come out.

Comment

Hmm, to be honest, I think the mini iPod is quite pointless. Don't get me wrong, but considering you can get 5 times the memory for $50 more, the mini iPod seems like a bit of a rip-off. I understand it's smaller, but I use my iPod when excercising on cross-trainers/treadmills and it just clips on and I don't even notice it. Just saying, if you want to splash out, I personally wouldn't get the mini iPod.

Comment

I am leaning towards the 40 GB Nomad. $219 in my area w/
            rebates and whatnot. Can't beat that price.

Comment

Keep in mind that the hard drive players may skip. (if you are running on a treadmill or something similar, it also depends on what size buffer it has) I have a Rio Cali: 256MB Flash player with SD expansion slot/AAA battery/FM radio/accepts MP3,WMA,etc. Pretty simple design and easy to control volume or skip tracks without looking. It was replaced by the Rio Forge but you can still find the Cali online and it is less expensive. CNET reviews (MP3 player reviews and user opinions)

Comment

Wth!Gigabytes?!Just for listening music?Men I still have my old walkman!Imo 256mb are enough,just get one with a good sound quality!

Comment

Joel ever consider a minidisc player. Sony has software that is teh smae transfer rate as any other MP# player and you can get 4 hours on a disc have unlimted discs and change the playlists infintely... Just seems a better way to me. That is what I use anyway.
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                  X