Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here come the bible thumpers..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here come the bible thumpers..............

You know... thinking about all this and this dude slamming Metal music and the entire Metal community, and praising Classical music (which I happen to also appreciate in addition to metal) made me think about some of the personalities of our Great Composers.
    For example... as far as I know... Mozart was a bit of a nut in his day. (what genius isn't?)
    He's my favorite Composer and I've often wondered if he wasn't just a bit eclectic and strange and perhaps viewed by some in the same way some of our great Metal Composers are viewed today. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And if Mozart was considered offensive in any way in his day, that would be pretty funny.
    Stick that in your hat, huh?

Just my thoughts.
    Ciao,
    Em

Comment

I couldn't even read the whole thing. This guy is off his rocker. But it's people like him who poison peoples minds. People like him can be dangerous. I would never want harm to come to anyone, but I wouldn't really feel bad if a piano fell on his head today.

Comment

my e-mail just came back as undeliverable.
        i like the piano thought jb. it's outta sight.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Just challenge him to a duel Tommy, he may take you up on it. Next thing he'll be publishing the content of his hate mail to expound his point. I love classical music and spent most of my twenties and thirties exploring and indulging in the genre. Over half my music collection is classical, that doesn't speak volumes but I would never think of publishing or writing anything for public view with that title after someone was killed.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            my e-mail just came back as undeliverable.
            i like the piano thought jb. it's outta sight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tommy. And you hang in there too OK?? You rule!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              You know... thinking about all this and this dude slamming Metal music and the entire Metal community, and praising Classical music (which I happen to also appreciate in addition to metal) made me think about some of the personalities of our Great Composers.
              For example... as far as I know... Mozart was a bit of a nut in his day. (what genius isn't?)
              He's my favorite Composer and I've often wondered if he wasn't just a bit eclectic and strange and perhaps viewed by some in the same way some of our great Metal Composers are viewed today. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And if Mozart was considered offensive in any way in his day, that would be pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Woulnt it be funny if 200 to 300 years from now, you could find Dimebag statues & busts honoring the man...myth...the legend where ever classic rock music is played.
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

"And while the murder of even a semi-human barbarian like Mr. Abbott is tragic and to be lamented, it would be wrong to ignore Mr. Abbott's complicity in contributing to the soul-deadening culture of death, ugliness, depravity and inhumanity that spawned his killer."

Didn't god start the soul-deadening culture of death? Religious freaks piss me off... fukkin' hypocrites!!!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"he was the performer of a type of "entertainment" that can be likened only to a gorilla on PCP. <font color="yellow"> Lacking subtlety, wit, style, emotional range and anything approaching even the smallest iota of intellectual or musical interest."

</font> hmmmm.. i can find an ex. of every one of those in Dimes' playing.....what a douche bag
                  "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Wow! What a pompous ass! As a conservative, this asswipe in NO WAY speaks for me. This kind of "better than thou" mentality is exactly why my wife and could never find a church we liked. Nothing but judgmental hypochrites. I'm now wondering if there is another "fan" out there who is planning THIS guy's demise?
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      I've often wondered if he (Mozart) wasn't just a bit eclectic and strange and perhaps viewed by some in the same way some of our great Metal Composers are viewed today.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Woulnt it be funny if 200 to 300 years from now, you could find Dimebag statues &amp; busts honoring the man...myth...the legend where ever classic rock music is played.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was exactly my point! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] And I wouldn't be surprised in the least. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      Rest In Peace, Dime.

Comment

ugg, electric guitar..ahh..bad. PA, ahh too much boom boom, make boom boom go away...hurt head..ugg.

Comment

I'd like to hear that guy's thoughts on Yngwie's performance with (I think) the Japan Philharmonic...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            however in the time of the bible, dirty people were all around. Bathing was not modernized at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, You may want to check that out the bathing thing in Jesus's day in more detail before you email your comments to this guy. The Jews had very specific details they followed on the subject of bathing &amp; washing. see... John 2:6

[/ QUOTE ]

The Jews did, not everyone else. A hot bath was a luxury. Not everyone had them. The Jews very specifically had rules on it. Everyone is not of Jewish faith. I made my point to him, and I made it well. I do not have to prove the environment or setting for a bunch of dirt balls in the days of ol' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm curious why anyone would feel that they need to make any point to this obvious lunatic. As they say, don't try to teach a pig to sing... it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                You get one or two complete idiots who label themselves Christian, or whatever, and then proceed to spout that kind of garbage, truly showing what human scum they really are.

I really believe that there are a lot of Christians who are good people, and who are not judgemental, hypocritical, and generally a bunch of inbred, intellectually inferior mongoloids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, word brother!!
                                Very, very right on.

Comment

Working...
                                X