No announcement yet.

This guy was at the Dimebag Memorial...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy was at the Dimebag Memorial...

I apologize if you guys already know this. Apparently EVH was a total ****. This is one of the guys from the Dean forum who lives in Arlington that was there.
    Dana <~~~

http://deanguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5352
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Re: This guy was at the Dimebag Memorial...

Figures...Eddie VH acting like a fukking tool.
    He really fukkin' needs help!

Comment

Needs Help?
      He's way beyond that
      Nope he will drink himself to death [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like an awsome night. Wish I could've been there. That's a horrible thing for Eddie to do though. I mean Dime was a huge fan of his and he shows up hammered and disrespecting Zakk? I'm glad Zakk did what he did. And Rex too, that really sux seeing no one's heard from him.

Comment

I dont know if I believe that or not - come on surely the guy (EVH) has got some morals. I had just reread an older guitar mag where he bragged about being clean [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I had just reread an older guitar mag where he bragged about being clean [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] That's just 'cuz he had taken a shower that week.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              I had just reread an older guitar mag where he bragged about being clean [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] That's just 'cuz he had taken a shower that week.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I guess my first question is why was Eddie there to begin with? Were Eddie and Dime close?? Was Eddie just viewing this as positive exposure?? I don't get the connection...
                Occupy JCF

Comment

This is gonna sound weird, so I hope it comes out right.

What Eddie fails to realize is that Dimebag was another generation's Eddie.

Does that make sense, or is it just too early in the morning for me to write something understandable?

Comment

I understand it and it's true, Dime was certainly one of the early pioneers for Metal as we know it!

Ed? Oh well, at least he was there, and from all the reports, that's just EVH and the way he is these days. It'll come back to him if it was as bad as it's been reported. Give him credit tho, he did show up and pay his respects, I can probably think of a 100 who didn't. And no, I'm not defending EVH in any manner, just consider the source...

Pat

Comment

I agree with you Pat - check the source.

The Zakk Wylde site is run by actual friends and clients of Zakk and Dime and nowhere on that site is there any mention of EVH acting an ass. They have a video link of Eddie speaking highly of Darrell and in a couple of threads Chad Dyer(the friend of Dime) has nothing put praise for EVH.

FYI, this Dyer guy attended the funeral and confirms that EVH placed the actual VHII guitar in Dime's Kiss Kasket. [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Whether he knows enough about guitars to recognize the real VHII is unknown.
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Is this the same Chad Dyer that runs the Racer X and Wayne Guitars site? (Naturally Wired Designs)
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

I believe it is. I didn't know he was in St Cloud, MN.. just a hop, skip, and jump away from me. Sound like Ed got his act together by the time the funeral came about. The Memorial was probably more like a tribute/borderline party supporting each other and sharing memories.

Comment

Weird. I saw a pic of EVH and Zakk crushing their cups, after toasting Dime at the ceremony.

I don't doubt he was sloshed, but the story of Ed being a total @ss sounds suspect. Other accounts of the ceremony don't mention this at all, and say Ed did some touching things, like holding his cellphone to the mic so the crowd could hear a voicemail Dime left for him recently.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I guess my first question is why was Eddie there to begin with? Were Eddie and Dime close?? Was Eddie just viewing this as positive exposure?? I don't get the connection...

[/ QUOTE ]

An interview I read about a year ago with Zakk and Dime mentioned a time when they were talking about making a guitar oriented album and getting Eddie to play on it with them. They joked about how they called Eddie up in the middle of the night with their idea.

When you run in those circles, it's probably pretty easy to make these kinds of friends. Hell, even Kip Winger had this to say...

"Dimebag was my brother ... he saved me once in Japan when I was as low as can be.

He was one of the most wise people I've ever met. I consider him a Saint.

I will pray for him and his family ... and the rest who died ... "

Comment

Working...
                              X