X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Crap!!!! Fire breaks out at UPS hub

The Associated Press
    Published December 16, 2004, 11:37 AM CST

A fire early today at a UPS hub in southwest suburban Chicago damaged a number of packages and forced the temporary evacuation of more than 1,000 workers, company officials said.

Five or six trailers on the loading dock caught fire but no one was injured, UPS spokesman Mike Johl said.

The fire never spread to the 1.5-million-square-foot center in Hodgkins, which employs 8,000 workers and handles 2 million packages a day during the holiday season, Johl said.

``There was a little bit of smoke damage inside the building, but no one was harmed,'' said UPS spokeswoman Christine McManus. ``The fire department was incredibly responsive.''

The blaze started around 12:15 a.m. and was extinguished about 3:15 a.m., officials said. Workers were able to return shortly afterward, McManus said.

Fire officials did not immediately determine what caused the blaze.

UPS was unsure how many parcels were in the burned trailers.

``We will do everything possible to find out which packages were there and notify our customers,'' McManus said.
    Occupy JCF

Re: Oh Crap!!!! Fire breaks out at UPS hub

Holy Crap!!! My Splawn amp is there right now! I just checked my UPS tracking info. Damn it! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...st348761348638

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Holy Crap!!! My Splawn amp is there right now! I just checked my UPS tracking info. Damn it! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]Dana <~~~

[/ QUOTE ]Well, if you have an arrival scan but not a departure scan, then hopefully it's still in the warehouse, which was untouched. I think the departure scan is done when it's loaded onto one of the trailers. Best of luck with that.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Check the times of the initial posts.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

I'm sure he noticed Tekky, he's just having a little fun with you. It IS ironic though, that you had to post on Jim's thread to get posts on your thread! You just needed a little [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] eh?
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Oh...not cool! I DO have a departure scan.
              Dana <~~~
              '85 Rhoads Custom
              '86 SD Str*t
              '86 Model 4 (5)
              '87 Model 1
              '87 Model 6
              '88 Model 3DR
              '90 650 XL
              '94 KE-3
              '97 DR Amberburst
              '97 Dinky BOFlames
              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

What a close one! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] I just got an amp Tuesday that went through there. I have a Marshall JCM 800 (I'll have Twins now!)coming in on Monday or Tuesday! It just got to Hodgkins on Saturday, but it's in town now. I did fully insure it though. Wow. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] Giving your thread the post Tekky, since you were 1st!
                www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Working...
                X