Another Shark ATTACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Shark ATTACK

Holy Crap! Another one. This happened in Auatralia.

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) - Two great white sharks attacked and killed a surfer while his friends watched in horror Thursday off a popular beach in the southern Australian city of Adelaide, authorities said.

The 18-year-old man had fallen from a surfboard being towed by a power boat when the sharks attacked off West Beach mid afternoon, South Australia state Sea Rescue Squadron spokesman Fraser Bell said.

One shark tore the victim in half and the second shark took the remains, witnesses said.

Two of the three 16-year-old boys who were in the tow boat witnessed the attack and received medical treatment for shock.

Police and state emergency services said there had been no sign of the victim or the sharks since the mid afternoon attack despite extensive searches of the coast.

Bell said the sharks, also known as white pointers, were between 15 and 17 feet long. They attacked about 250 yards from a crowded beach.

``He fell off the surfboard and the shark appeared and took him,'' Bell told reporters.

``It tore him apart ... apparently it tore him in half and the other shark came in and took the rest.''

A woman on the beach who was not named told Seven Network television the shark that led the attack ``caught his left arm and took him around the boat and then another shark has come in and they just took him to pieces.''

The group of four friends, all from Adelaide, had been on the water for just 30 minutes before the attack.

Asked if there were any chance the victim had survived, Bell replied, ``None whatsoever''.

State police chief inspector David Lufty said beaches in the area would remain closed as the search continued for the killer sharks.

The tragedy is the second shark fatality in Australian waters within a week.

A 38-year-old man was killed by a shark while spearing fish on the Great Barrier Reef off northeast Australia on Saturday.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Another Shark ATTACK

[img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Comment

i liver in huntington beach, and i know alot of surfers and i am fortunate enough to say there has never been an attack there yet. this sh1t is fukkin' horrible man. i know you risk things by going in the ocean but fukk. this is turning out to be one hell of a week.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

"A 38-year-old man was killed by a shark while spearing fish on the Great Barrier Reef off northeast Australia on Saturday."

You know, the Great Barrier Reef is the haven for some of the world's largest Great White sharks. Sorry, but I'm not too sympathetic with people that use piss poor judgement. Reminds me of the guy in Denali who decided to pick blueberries on the side of a mountain while grizzlies were grazing 20 yards away. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I also like the tag of "killer sharks" they've given to the Great Whites. Uh duh, killing is what they do.
        "POOP"

Comment

If you don't want to be eaten by sharks, then stay the fuk out of the water!
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Didn't we have a story on here last year around this time about another Australian surfer being ripped apart by two great whites? It appears as though the two are still hunting together. Great Whites hunting like a wolf pack, that's enough to give even the heartiest surfer chills.

Comment

Yeah, sad to hear, but sometimes you buy your ticket...

Like Germandeth says, that is home to some big fish... Dangle yer ass there a minute and you might get to meet one...

Comment

Just tell the locals to stop playing 'mac the knife'
                Ba bum bump, splash.

Comment

I can't say that I am too sure about a lot of things in life.... However, I am 100% sure that I will never be eaten by a frickin' shark.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I can't say that I am too sure about a lot of things in life.... However, I am 100% sure that I will never be eaten by a frickin' shark.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL me too, that is unless they suddenly develop legs.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Amen Brad!!

Comment

Land Shark!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I know when you get in the ocean there are risks and all, but it's still gotta be one of the worst ways to die! That's horrible! I love the ocean and when I'm near one, I get in.... Never been in really deep water though... Damn "Jaws" made it so hard to NOT get scared shitless when ya swim in the ocean!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Land Shark!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They exist. They're called bears, or HUMANS, depending on if the human has a gun or not. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

what's worse are the sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads....

Comment

Working...
                              X