Should I buy...or should I wait...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy...or should I wait...

Okay, yes I admit it, I have this "thing" about buying cars/trucks and heres my latest deliema...

It just came out from Chrysler an extra 2000 rebate if you trade in a Dakota or Durango for an 05 Dakota or Durango..has to do with the mass recalls going on....anyway, here are the pros and cons Im looking at...

Pros:
    4.5% interest
    1 year less financed (60 months)
    Quad cab
    1800 cash in my hand
    "free" keyless entry installed
    "free" stereo removal/installation

Cons:
    Car payment goes from 460 to 570 a month
    Losing all those Jackson stickers hes decorated the truck with

I only have until Jan 3 to decide...the 2000 rebates go on until Feb, but the 1750 employee, 500 military, 2500 consumer cash, 500 holiday cash, 500 military and 1000 CFC end Jan 3....

What should I do????

Mrs LPC

Re: Should I buy...or should I wait...

That's a no brainer... Anytime you can get THAT MUCH cash back/off, it's a done deal IMO.

Pat

Comment

Oh I forgot a con....my payoff on the 04 is 21K and I know they aint giving me that for my trade allowance...probably 15 or 16 at the most...the invoice on the 05 is 23K minus all those rebates which is 15250 but still have to pay 570 a month??? Is it really worth it???

Mrs LPC

Comment

no.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Sully....thats what I needed to keep me from falling over the edge....I knew deep down I didnt need to do it, but Im so "spur of the moment" its not even funny, I dont take time to think things out at all....if I hadnt gone to Wal Mart tonight first, I would have the new truck in the driveway now....but I really love the new bodystyle, and its only 100 more a month....and I could really use the 1800....but....I know I dont need it....yall keep your fingers crossed that I dont sign a contract tomorrow!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

18 months you will have that $1800.00 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nope.... not worth it.... Keep what you have and pay it down. Sounds like you are upside down on the Truck now... The smart thing to do is put the additional $110/month toward the note if possible rather than buying a new one and starting all over.

Comment

Thats what Im trying to beat in my head.....Im a stubborn one though

Comment

570/mo for a Dodge...it get the hell out of dodge for that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keep your truck and the stickers and have them fix wahtever is being recalled.

I know leasing isn't for everyone but I leased my last 5 vehicles and I've never paid more than 505/month and that was for a big-ass fully loaded Yukon XL. I end up wanting the new body style every 2-3 years anyway. We both have 2004 Fords, my wife has EB Expedition (POS but she likes) and I have 150 Super Crew XLT w/ 5.4L V8...both under 500/mo.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Mine isnt one that is being recalled...it only goes to 03's....I really doubt that I will get it, as long as they dont ask me a gazillion times tomorrow if Im gonna take it....the guys I work with are so gooberific...they will promise me the sun and moon if I take it...especially if we need 1 sale to hit MPA

Mrs LPC

Comment

Personally, I have bought my wife two new cars, and she bought one efore that. I had never bought a new car until I bought a Ford Cobra F**k Yeah!!
                      Of course that was an impractical car - white suede seats and no headroom, so I traded for a Dodge QuadCab.
                      The Quad rocks, but
                      I will never buy a new car again for myself.
                      The thing is, cars cost $450+ a month (mines $315, but whatever) and then you trade them for another payment, you never win.
                      Todays cars are good for 200,000 miles no bullshit. People that don't believe that are stupid. Just drive the shit out of it and replace it with a car with 80k on it when it dies in 10 years. There are so many things more fun to blow money on. I wish I could dump my truck for a 10 year old Jeep, but I am tied up in the 'not worth selling, not worth keeping' crap that the man wants you to be in.
                      That being said, I will never let my wife be in a car that she is uncomfortable with and am considering leasing for her. I think it makes sense with 5 year turnarounds and 15,000 miles a year. We'll see.

Good Luck Mrs. LPC, my Quad has been one hell of a truck - though I get 13.2 MPG on the 5.9 after a Synthetic oil change and a K&N filter.
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Nope, you need to pass for now. JMO

Comment

Well, now that you've added the trade value and the fact that you are upside down, that's a no brainer on the no side...

So I agree with the majority now..

Enjoy the stickers... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

can you have them add the 1800 cash in your hand, onto the loan, and have it drop the price of the payments down? If that's the case, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Or what you could do is, take the cash in hand, and put it on the loan afterwards.

Comment

I just reread, and say the trade value was going to be shat, don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X