Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I buy...or should I wait...

[ QUOTE ]
    Todays cars are good for 200,000 miles no bullshit. People that don't believe that are stupid. Just drive the shit out of it and replace it with a car with 80k on it when it dies in 10 years. There are so many things more fun to blow money on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. My car is 17 years old and has 75k on the odometer. I'll drive it for at least another 15 years and 200k miles. Someday far in the future I'll park it, close the door, and it'll quiver a little and collapse into a rusing heap of scrap metal. It'll then be time for the next cheap piece of shit.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Re: Should I buy...or should I wait...

My '98 grand am just turned over 200K and still runs like a tank. Sure it has little things wrong, but still gets me from A to B and gets 30 MPG. I am only on my second battery. I have only replaced the starter, heater core, MAP sensor, and oil pressure switch. Not having a car payment is like heaven! I didn't have to buy Christmas presents with credit cards this year!

When it comes to car payments, if you take you monthly payment and divide it by 12, then add that amount to your payment every month, at the end of one year you will have made one extra payment. that means you own the car 5 months earlier at the end of a 5 year loan. If you put more than 10K per year on your vehicle, it will almost never be worth the bluebook price when you decide to trade it in. If you put less than 12 or 15K per year, leasing can be good because at the end of the lease, the car will most likely be worth more than the payoff, so you can SELL it back tot he dealer and use the money to make the payoff and hopefully have money left to make a decent downpayment on something else.

I would stick with what you have until you can break even or turn a profit by selling it or trading it in. My 2 pennies.

Comment

Working...
      X