No announcement yet.

What a messed up world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: That\'s not so bad, check this out...

Further proof that this world we live in sucks!

But we just go on living in hopes there's a light at the end of every tunnel.

Comment

A shady adoption agency?

Truth is that the world is NOT going to shit. It's been that way since the beginning of mankind. Now, thanks to the internet and the Information Age, we just get to hear about terrible things happening all over the world in an instant. Think about it for a second. Two hundred years ago this nation was involved in slavery and the genocide of the Native Americans. Four hundred years ago there was the Spanish Inquisition. When most people refer to the "Good Old Days" they are most likely remembering their youth, when they were simply ignorant of such activities around them.

Comment

True Ace.....very true

Comment

Re: What a messed up world

[ QUOTE ]

I tend to think that there's no much more of this going on than there was 20-30 years ago. We just have so much more access to information and there's a much sharper focus on enforcement so there're relatively more of these stories for us to hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When I came up to Maine and moved in with my mom and her husband, I remember there being 20-30 pounds of pot stashed around in cookie jars, book cases, dressers, you name it, it was there. So much that once in a while I would find large quantities of residual dope forgotten about in bizarre places. Years after he was gone and I was cleaning the shed out I found perhaps a pound spread out in small baggies around the place.

As a teenager it was scary wondering if the cops would ever figure out he was selling dope and would come and bust him and my mother and I would have to move back to Connecticut.

Comment

Nice Ace!

I just heard they found the baby, alive... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Haven't heard anything more tho, there were reporting in LA as well. ( west coast feed )

Pat

Comment

LOL Jim - One of my friends from high school lived in a little town a few miles away (picture the perfect little peaceful pastoral Normal Rockwell town). His uncle had a place on the town square right next door to the local deputy sheriff. The uncle decided that growing pot in his back yard would be a good way to make a few bucks so he erected a very high privacy fence around the back yard and commenced operations.

More than a few of my friends would cull the seeds out of their purchases, sneak onto someone's land, and plant their own in secluded areas where no one was likely to find it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The more things change the more they stay the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some very deep stuff there...

Comment

Working...
                X