Here's what NOT to do if your Video card won't fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's what NOT to do if your Video card won't fit

This is a customer's computer brought in yesterday. A "Computer Savy" friend of his did this. All he had to do was bend the tab a bit on the Video Card and it would have fit. $100 Error.

Matt

Re: Here\'s what NOT to do if your Video card won\'t fit

Looks like space junk. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

A "Computer Savy" friend of his did this.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">You say that like it's a "bad" thing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I cannot imagine anyone
        a)thinking of doing that
        b)watching it be done to their machine and not stopping and saying 'Thanks, I'll take it in to the shop I got it from and see if they can help me' when the hack saw, blow torch, and tin snips come out. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If it was done properly, they would have used zip-ties to hold it together when they were done.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

some people severely lack in problem solving skills. If it doesn't work, break it some more....then if it still doesn't work, hit it with a hammer.

Comment

Man, I'm glad I read this post. *putting away torches and hack saw* Whew! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeri... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You're funny. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Here\'s what NOT to do if your Video card won\'t

Maybe that guy thought "Hey, it worked on grandpa's tractor, it can work on this here toaster too!!"

Comment

The funny thing is that it still didn't work for him because the card was too far out of the AGP slot. The added kicker, and this makes me think the story of his "friend" doing the cutting is BS, is that the owner of the machine threw an SD-Ram stick in his DDR slot and fried the original board he had. Stupid is as Stupid does.

Matt

Comment

I bet you don't get to do much body work at a computer repair shop!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

No, there isn't much BonDo around here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Heh ... That's the problem of almost every DVI ported video cards. On my other machine I have R9100 with DVI port and it fits ... barely! But you have to be precise if you want your card to fit the hole. It's nothing serious, but you can crush your MB in a minute if you're not sensitive guy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          but you can crush your MB in a minute if you're not sensitive guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Watch those hands you brute [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img], I'm thensative
                          When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                          X