MY FIRST DIMEBAG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY FIRST DIMEBAG

man, does the world look different today. so different that i gotta drop a story on you. i met this girl named NYOKA, she was half german and half cherokee. she was a doll to say the least. i started seeing her pretty regularly, we went downtown in huntington beach, hit the bars , went home and thoroughly abused each other and dropped off into a deep coma like sleep. it was 1991 i think, and the alarm clock was going off at about 7:30 cuz i had to walk a horrible 4 blocks to the ocean to my office to go sell computer chips for the day. it was a great commute i must say. anyway, while the alarm clock was going off the d.j. on KNAC which was still alive then was like-"here's a new band called Pantera with Cemetary Gates. i'm lying in bed next to this living breathing beauty and the all of a sudden this tune with the beautiful piano and sick guitar intro had me gripped , almost froazen. my girl was like are you o.k.? and i'm like ssssshhh!!!! then dime just lays this long tasty guitar accent that leads into the tune and i did not forget one note of it while walking the 4 blocks to the ocean to work. and that was the first time i ever heard them. i know there's plenty more tunes but that one will always be my number one cuz it punched me in the hungover face and it felt good. i could not wait to get that c.d. that day. what a perfect beginning to a tune.
    my first dimebag was bettter than my first real dimebag and that's saying something.

tommy
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Re: MY FIRST DIMEBAG

Man, I miss KNAC. I was in the Marines from 1991 - 1995 stationed in EL TORO, CA. and would listed to KNAC and Pirate regularly. It put all the crappy rock stations here in Michigan at the time to shame. I still remember when KNAC went off the air in 1994ish. They played "Fade to Black" then went straight to Mexican band music... sad, sad day.

We used to hang out in Newport and Huntington regularly... man the women out there! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] One time my girlfriend and I were parked in one of the public parking lots facing the street in Newport and we weren't exactly talking. People were walking by wondering why the hell her head kept popping in and out of my moonroof! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Those were the days...

I also saw Pantera out in Hollywood around 1992. I think the place was called the Shrine Auditorium. Great show!

Comment

The first time I heard them was in study hall sophomore year (1990 or 1991). This dude I knew as Blackie (can't remember his real name now) had Cowboys from Hell in his walkman and I could make out the groove just from the residual sound I could hear leaking through the headphones. I asked who it was, so he hands me the tape case and the walkman. I bought it shortly afterward.

Comment

My First time was when I saw the video of Cemetary Gates on MTV Headbanger's Ball.
        I didn't know what it was but Dime's guitar sounded amazing and so new.
        I had to buy the CD and went to see Live at the Palace in Hollywood and discovered the band really kicks ass live much more than the album.
        Later a new album came out and went to see Pantera twice at Hollywood Paladium(White Zombi opened up for Pantera)and Another place close to Downtown L.A...don't remeber the name of the place...Shrine Auditorium is the name as Steve mentioned(Trouble opened up for Pantera which kicked ass major as well).
        They were getting bigger and popular.

Comment

i wish that they included the beginning of the tune in the video as well. it really makes the tune.

Comment

did you ever read that Malmsteen review of Pantera. I think he said Phil sounds like he's pushing out a big one, but the guitarist has a great groove going. Something like that. High praise coming from Yngwie.
            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I thought Yngwie never liked Pantera as I have seen him in the first Pantera Home Video..following Ynwgie at a hotel and offering some donuts to him..that was funny stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Did he take the donuts?
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

That was the opening band Trouble! I used to dig that tune "Memories Garden". Anyone have an MP3 of it?

Comment

i remember yngwie "in the listening room" in guitar for the practicing musician and they played "lay it down" by ratt.
                    he goes- "great guitar riff, but what is the singer doing? he should take singing lessons, or be a plumber"-lol
                    what a kookbat!!!!!!!
                    jesus i feel good today. still saddened but like a pipebomb ready to go off. thanks to all.
                    tommy

Comment

Jimmy, no Yngwie didn't take donuts but he had 2 chicks with him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yea, Trouble opened up that night and it was VERY LOUD!
                      I thought Trouble was louder than Pantera that night.
                      Memories Garden is a great song.
                      I used to have couple of their CDs and were so popular on KNAC.

Comment

I'd take the threesome over a donut anyday. Atta boy, Yngwie!
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

i'd take the threesome over alot stuff, but that's just me.

Comment

If my wife had to be in the threesome, I'd take the donut.
                            Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If my wife had to be in the threesome, I'd take the donut.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I don't know what you mean.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X