Sick of it All...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of it All...

I am offically sick and tired of looking at guitars, talking about guitars, buying guitars, selling guitars, hanging out on guitar forums, and playing guitar all by myself here in my room going meedely meedely meedely to no one, thinking I'm good and knowing full well I suck, bad, not caring enough to work at it to get better, not being in a band (or able to be in a band), not writing songs, wasting all my time, money, and energy sitting here. Sick of it.

This has been a State Of The Chuckracer Address. Thank You.

Re: Sick of it All...

You need a Kawasaki, dude. A fast one. Wind in your hair. Perspective.

?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hey,....Let's play "Polatics"

My opponent S A Y S he's sick of forums...But he's still posting....Daily. He S A Y S he is sick of looking at guitars....But I ask you...How many times has he looked at Classified ads in the past week. People...People, How long will we listen to this "dribble" from Mr. Racer.....Hmmmn? Elect Meee as your "Sick -n- Tired forum member, and I promise not to Buy ANY MORE GUITARS FROM THE CLASSIFIEDS. (unless I change my mind). Furthermore...I REFUSE to practice...even chords.

Mr. Racer...I ask you.... Do you really mean "meedely meedely meedely ", or are those just hollow words....

Rebuttal?
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        You need a Kawasaki, dude. A fast one. Wind in your hair. Perspective.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can take care of that for you Chuck, I'm gearing up to buy a ZX10 so My 6 is for sale [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I can take care of that for you Chuck, I'm gearing up to buy a ZX10 so My 6 is for sale [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, good medicine.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I am offically sick and tired of looking at guitars, talking about guitars, buying guitars, selling guitars, hanging out on guitar forums, and playing guitar all by myself here in my room going meedely meedely meedely to no one, thinking I'm good and knowing full well I suck, bad, not caring enough to work at it to get better, not being in a band (or able to be in a band), not writing songs, wasting all my time, money, and energy sitting here. Sick of it.

This has been a State Of The Chuckracer Address. Thank You.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm right there with ya. actually, i've been there for a good 9 months now. sucks ass. i'm this close to looking at the time i spent devoting my life to music and the like as wasted time.

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

take up drums....

that was supposed to make you laugh.

Comment

I am bit confused. What do you mean (chuck and sully) that you feel like your time is wasted? Dont you enjoy playing guitar anymore? I am curious. I go through times when I dont feel I am playing to my full potential, or I have plateaus I hit where I dont seem to do anything "good" but I work through them. So do you guys really feel your time and energy put into music is wasted? Please expand on this for me. This could help me greatly if you guys explain your current ideas and feelings. I am very seriously considering making a big life change and pursuing music seriously. Not tyring to get rich and famous, just being happy being involved in music way more and a career way less. I want to know both your thoughts on this as you have both been in music WAY more than I have and your both a helluva lot more knowledgable on it. Help a JCF bro out here please. Thanks!

Tone
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  So do you guys really feel your time and energy put into music is wasted?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] You have a career?? Stick with it...no matter what. You want to know where you end up if you try to make a living in music?
                  Come on over. Feel free to drop in anytime. My Mom and Dad will make you feel right at home. Cause that's where I am. Did I ever mention that I'm 43 years old?

Take a moment. Pause, breath deep, and picture that scenario. 43 years old. No wife. No kids. No house. An old truck. A couple guitars and an amp. Some clothes, books, and shiot. A bed, a dresser, a computer desk and computer. No money in the bank. No retirement fund, 401K, investments, etc. No job (cause I'm unable to work at the moment...kidney disease, dialysis f*cks with ya.), SSI for income. $900 a month.

Do ya suppose, just a little, that things would have been WAY the f*ck different if I had gone the career track when my kidneys failed? If I had been 41, married, mortgaged, cars, the whole "American Dream" sandwich? Do you really think I'd be here with Mommy and Daddy?

F*ckin, I don't think so.

Comment

Wow Chuck....I feel bad for playing around with the polatics thing. I thought you were just kidding....Wanted to cheer you up a bit. I don't know what to say...other than; most folks around here are kinda like family. Family is there for ya Dude....
                    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I know Doug, and I didn't take your post badly. I knew where you were coming from, and the spirit in which it was meant, and I thank you.

I just sometimes feel like I'm dancin around with a little "Happy Chuckracer" mask on, trying not to show what's really goin on underneath...and sometimes I just need to pitch the mask away and be real...like now.

Comment

one word Chuck...

weed [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Burn one and improvise and you'll have a new take on things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You've hit a valley...hang in there you'll be up on a peak in no time.

No matter how bad things can seem they do get better. I go through the same thing where I don't feel like playing, through periods where I want to play and record all the time only to get frustrated because I don't have the time to do it. I do have a wife and kids and career and its hard as hell to find adequate time to balance everything in life let alone my guitar playing or recording.

I tried the music thing for a living but I like living so I gave up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I still love guitar and music, it has gotten me through some dark times where if I didn't have it, I probably wouldn't be here today.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Chuck, not everyone plays guitar for living and write songs.
                          No matter what you do, it is for your enjoyment.

You have helped more people here on JCF than you will ever imagine.

About your a little "Happy Chuckracer" mask comment,
                          If you have problems, you should express it and let it out.
                          If you are uncomfortable to do so on JCF, you can e-mail or PM us.
                          Come to Chat and talk.

I hope you are going to feel better and the Christmas is coming next week, so enjoy the holiday too.

Comment

Chuck . You are one of the coolest members of this board and really well thought of.
                            You know that a lot of your personality comes thru on your posts . There is no BS . You shoot from the heart.
                            I for one consider you a friend , it's a pity we live so far apart , as we have a lot in common . It would be cool to catch a gig and have a beer.

Mark
                            Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

Chuck- "hanging out on guitar forums, and playing guitar all by myself here in my room going meedely meedely meedely to no one, thinking I'm good and knowing full well I suck, bad, not caring enough to work at it to get better, not being in a band (or able to be in a band), not writing songs, wasting all my time, money, and energy sitting here. Sick of it."
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              I her ya bro on this part.
                              But just last year my nephew started up guitar. He comes over every weekend so we can jam and talk music togeather.
                              This was all at took for me to get back into the groove.
                              Now he says learn this song, I learn it with solo parts,
                              And we have something to jam on the next time.
                              So, maybe teach lessons at home. Post ads in the paper, teach somebody guitar. There is no better feeling than watching somebody who couldn't even play "smoke on the water" on one string to jamming full Metallica songs.
                              This got me out of my funk I was in.
                              Good luck
                              Finn

Comment

Working...
                              X