Underated/Overated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underated/Overated?

I got kind of a neat idea for a thread (that will fall apart [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

type a band you think is under rated. A band you think is over rated. A guitarist for both, and et cetera if you feel like going on (keep it to music or musical related things). And try not to name a billion bands, keep it to one you think is really either way. Maybe even do, Underrated not famous bands and over rated famous Postyour ideas on what we can rate too, I know it's silly but I'm drunk and it's funny now.

I'll start
    Under not so famous...KMFDM
    Over not so famous...CoB (Sorry flame on)

Over famous...Velvet Revolver

Re: Underated/Overated?

I'll play your silly little game (LOL J/K)!!
    Underated-Unearth
    Overated-Cradle of Filth

Under not famous-Demon Seed
    Over famous-Hatebreed

Comment

Good call on hatebreed [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] They suck.

Comment

under... brand new sin [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        over... disturbed [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

ok,
          underated: Rage
          and overated (now this is a flame): Dream Theater

Comment

Under..COB

Over..Any scremo band (they piss me off)
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Dream Theater? Over rated? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Well, you had the flame right... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Well,I really don't like them and I think they are overated a bit,but hey,it's just my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

underrated: nevermore (why is it that hardly anyone knows them???)
                  overrated: iced earth

and regarding DT: you might not like their music, but the virtuosity of those guys (well maybe exept james [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) is simply undeniable. i mean, after all their stuff IS hard to play, and they play those songs live without any major f*ck ups (as i said above, i'm not talking about james here ^^ )...hell, i saw them live in 2000, 2002 as well as 2004, and the only thing for example JP didnt nail (i'm talking about the most recent show now) was that big six string sweep in the middle of the FAST stream of consciousness lead.
                  but as i said above, there are lots of people who just can't get into their music

greets
                  fragle

Comment

Overrated - anything on the radio.
                    Underrated - C.O.C.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

overrated - eddie van halen
                      underrated - metallica (post-black album)

I wonder how long it takes before this thread turns into an unreal argument [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Overrated - Satyricon
                        Underrated - The Chasm

I love Dream Theater, but James LaBrie really does need some coaching on his singing. I'm sick of hearing his pathetic excuses for vowels, high notes, and diction. He sounds like he just tries to hard to sound dramatic. Other than that, I love the sound of his voice. It fits perfectly with Dream Theater.

Comment

I don't want this to turn into an arguement. Try not to rip someone a new **** when talking about the stuff, this is mainly a way you can show, look here's a band not too many people listen to. And here is a band I'm getting tired of hearing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yep ninja guitar, thats exactly how i think about labrie. his voice is great, but technically he pretty much sucks :/
                            i dont know if you have access to older DT live recordings, for example the images in words live in tokyo vhs/dvd? imho he did an outstanding job back then. hell, listen to some awake-era live recordings, he sang quite well at those times, too, even though he had just went through a serious vocal rupture.

sorry for hijacking the thread and turning it into a dream theater discussion ^^

Comment

Vocal rupture? Sounds painful. What exactly happened to his voice?

Comment

Working...
                              X