Red Sox dismantling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox dismantling?

What's up with the Red Sox? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Little by little they're coming apart. Martinez gone!.....Kapler gone!.....Roberts traded to Padres yesterday!......he's the person I thought, turned it around for the Sox. Cabrera signed with Angels yesterday! Who's next........Ramirez for Cliff Floyd. Are they gonna let Varitek get loose too? Lowe won't be back. Rumors of Meintkiewicz being on the trading block.

As a Yankee fan, I was looking forward to another rivalry next year with Boston, but it's looking more like a Yankee-Oriole rivalry instead.

Chemistry was the key, and Boston had it. Why ruin it,...to get a better team? [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img].....I thought that's what they had. What now?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Red Sox dismantling?

Don't get ahead of yourself, it's only December.

In Theo We Trust.

Comment

- no need for cabrera since we signed renteria - lowe isn't wanted back
      - minky and millar play the same position, and they've both been on the block. it's a waste of money to have the both of them, even though minky is better defensively.
      - roberts wanted more playing time, and as a left handed outfielder with two other rightys, there wasn't a huge need for him. although i loved what he did for the team.
      - kapler was more of a backup to trot nixon. he did a good job, but we'll be okay without him.

i do have to say that i'm not feeling great about our new pitching rotation, especially since schill's ankle is gonna probably keep him out for a little while. but i also think that we'll see more happen during the season (like when we traded nomar). tek is most definitely a priority, though. he's gotta come back.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I think the Sox are banking too much on Schill. Wells was a good acquisition, but the chemistry thing is what does it. The Mets always had a history of screwing up their team by trying to rebuild their already good team. E.G - getting rid on players like Cone, Gooden, Strawberry, Seaver and getting people like Mo Vaughn, George Foster, etc......disrupting their already good team.

I always hated seeing the Ramirez-Wells combo coming up to the plate against us, not so much Manny, but Wells, he killed us. Now there's someone I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox trade (to the Yanks preferably for Giambi [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

The other guy that blew me away was Roberts. When he stole that base on Mariano, I was like,...who was that? Though I'm glad to see him go to his hometown team (Padres). I don't mind when a person goes home to play (Clemens, for example).

But in return, the Sox get Payton (ex-Met). I'm looking at a possible replacement for Manny? or Trot?
        [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

lowe isn't wanted back, he only saved their asses against the yankees. yeah, fukk him-lol
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

payton was acquired as a backup for trot nixon, (replacing gabe kapler's role).

the lowe thing is a bit odd to me, too, b/c he did great in the postseason. from what i've read, there seems to be bad blood between him and management, but who really knows?
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Looks like the Big Unit is coming to the Bronx after all:

Approved by teams

I can't see Bud saying no. So then it's just a contract extension negotiation, and I've gotta think the Yanks probably have that pretty much wrapped up already.

Now, if they'll just figure out what they're going to do with Giambi, the biggest pieces will be in place. I honestly hope they don't pursue Beltran too much, as I think that'll probably mean Bernie's a gone'r. I'd really hate to see that.

Comment

no way, beltran is a must. bernie can d.h.
                beltran will be a yankee, astro, or cub. if it comes down to cash, you know who will get him, but i've heard he does not want to play in a high profile place like n.y.
                he'll be in stripes.

Comment

I'd be cool with that, Tommy. Bernie probably should move to DH now. And that'd be one more reason to ditch Giambi. But I suspect that, more likely, Bernie would be traded in a Beltran deal. I'd hate to see that.

But if Beltran don't want to play with the big boys, he's a candy@ss. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

bernie is going nowhere shred. trust me.

Comment

It's too early to speculate who's better than who. Somebody gets injured and then it's all different. We're the Champs, I'm not about to give that up in the middle of the Hot Stove League. They still have to play.

As far as Beltran, I can't see anyone giving into another
                      A-Rod/Manny type deal. Way too long a contract for the amount of guaranteed money he wants. Look at what the Giambi contract did to the Yanks already?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Look at what the Giambi contract did to the Yanks already?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yanks will be getting out of that contract. Mark my words. Giambi may possibly still end up a Yankee. But, even if he does, it most likely won't be under his existing contract.

Comment

the yanks still call most of the shots.
                          so far it's looking like a good off season.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            the yanks still call most of the shots.
                            so far it's looking like a good off season

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dreading going into Fenway next year and standing by while the World Series rings were being given out, but I feel a little better since it looks like most of the starters for the Red Sox will be accepting theirs in another ballpark [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Looks like they'll have to truck the World Series MVP trophy down to Shea for the Mets opener. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Beltran a Yankee...........almost seems unfair.......oh well, I guess we'll have to deal with it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Randy a Yankee.......how are we gonna fit him in between Wright, Pavano and Mussina.......I guess we'll have to deal with it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

p.s - just ribbin' [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] eh, just remember how many world series trophies the yankees have won since their payroll exceeded 100 million dollars.

that'd be zero, btw.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X