Definitive Word From FedEx On Shipping Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitive Word From FedEx On Shipping Guitars

I know this has been discussed many times and speculated on, but I'm not sure if anyone ever called them direct. I just did. They do not insure guitars for over $500 - any guitar, be it brand new or an antique. The reason I even called was in regards to my paranoia about getting my new GMW from Lee shipped from Cali.

Again, maybe this was covered before but I thought I'd share. I'm not sure what I'm going to do as the other carriers have worse reps when it comes to shipping.

Re: Definitive Word From FedEx On Shipping Guitars

dhs? the postal service?

Comment

I shipped my SL2H from Texas to Norway (which is pretty much, halfway around the globe) with DHL.
      Had a very small dent on one corner of the case, but the guitar arrived totally unharmed and without delay.
      I think people who are careful to choose the right options (insured shipping etc.) and avoid the cheapest alternatives will more often than not come out just fine with shipping their guitars, IMHO.

- Rune.

Comment

Good to know, thanks!

I think if you pack the guitar correctly, it's not a concern.

Comment

I'm sure Lee does this all the time, so I'm sure he'll pack it well. I talked to him this morning and we're going to use his regular shipping method, UPS (shudders...) as you can insure for whatever you like.

Comment

Are you sure its not just FedEx ground that doesn't cover guitars? That's what the girl at FedEx had told me. Overnight shipping should be covered.
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

And did you specifically mention that it would be boxed and in a hard shell case? That $500 limit sounds to me like it might apply to boxed but non-cased guitars. i.e., How some manufacturers ship their lower lines that don't come standard with a case. Damage-prone.

Comment

I specifically asked about overnight and 2-Day. This coming from FedEx main office/Customer Service. I did mention that it was brand new coming and from a manufacturer and she said it didn't matter.

Comment

Ask again, you are sure to get another answer. Keep calling until you get one you like [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I f*cked with Fedex for months trying to file a claim on an amp they destroyed. I would get different answers from each CS rep I spoke with
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                  X