• Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart being sued for girls suicide

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...us/gun_lawsuit
    www.kiddhavok.com
    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Re: Wal-Mart being sued for girls suicide

[img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

"HELLO", this is Texas. And "HELLO", it's a Wal-Mart.
    It is unfortunate this had to happen, yes. But this whole thing is just messed up. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Trying to get rich off your daughters death? I mean 25 million dollars is insane. I can see how the mother would want some sort of law appeals or something, but why would she need 25 million? To grieve?

Comment

She passed the background check, by lying on the form. If she'd bought a pack of razor blades and slit her throat would they still be suing, or would anyone advocate banning razors? Or butcher knives, or baseball bats, hockey sticks, golf clubs, lengths of plumbing pipe, rope, guitar strings, etc...? All can be used to kill oneself or others. The poor girl was just too mentally ill and it happened. You may as well blame the parents for not making sure she took her meds to remain stable. Instead though they want to cash in on their own daughter's death.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Her parents are worthless scum.

Their kid lied, and the SYSTEM failed, not Wal-Marts backround check. The girl shot her head off, not Wal-Marts' problem.

Pharmacy records are protected, and there is a new guideline called HIPPA out, that prevents information from being released, and I'm SURE if she DIDN'T get the gun, someone would be having a different law suit...about their rights being violated.

People are so fukking stupid, they sue over their kids getting fat off of some of the worst food in the US, they sue when they spill coffee on themselves, they look for reasons to sue.

Why? Because the system lets them. Holy crap I get so pissed off at how stupid humanity is.

Comment

Most of humanity, whatever its other flaws, does not support frivolous lawsuits like this.
            Only in the extreme PC-oriented culture of the USA do ridiculous lawsuits like this actually
            get serious consideration. Our people no longer take personal responsibility for their decisions and actions. This trend is counter to proper Darwinian natural selection.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Too many attorneys in this world doesn't help matters either!

Comment

too many lawsuits in this country and too many lawyers who are good at exploiting every possible loop-hole with any law.

The system did fail and I think that mental health checks should be a requirement for firearm registration. So what, you work, have no felony convictions or other criminal past so you are approved....now if they knew she had a history of serious mental illnesses that should be red flagged. If a person stops their meds and goes on a killing spree they that isn't right. On the same token it isn't going to stop all suicides or murders but it could eliminate the possibility of someone with a mental illness obtain a gun and doing harm to themselves or to others.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

If Wal-mart followed the policies regarding the sale of a gun, they have nothing to worry about. As far as checking MH records or pharmacy records, there is no way thay can check that without written consent from the customer (or legal guardian). And to deny someone with a record of MH access to a gun would be the same as denying someone because they had diabetes or high blood pressure. Now, if Wal-mart had pressed charges in the previous incident, it would have shown up on her background check and set off a red flag to the store.

Ridiculous.

Comment

I'm going to say the most cynical and thus ironical thing I've ever said in my life:

Don't shoot the pianist.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X