Digital Camera advice / recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digital Camera advice / recomendations

I'll throw in my vote for the Canon A75. It's cheap ($200), has a decent resolution (3.2 MP), a good optical zoom and the ability to slap on a bigger zoom using an adaptor. It's also pretty small and rugged.

Comment

LOOK AT THIS PLEASE:http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM

That's the site owner's personal picks. Choose the category that suits you and read the breif synopsis of all the cameras that he would recommend. These guys really know what they're talking about.

Anyways...

Canon S300 2.1 Megapixel: (that is 4 years old... time to upgrade soon)

For color:

Driving 55mph:

For detail, Megapixels don't mean everything (the flags are cropped and zoomed from the original full frame 1600x1200):

For laughs:

The one thing the Canon S300 doesn't do well is macro shots (they're too soft), or night pictures. Other than that, for a pocket ready camera, it's most excellent.

I'm definitely going with a next-gen Subcompact, or pocket sized camera. Easy to carry with you everywhere (SLRs always seem to stay at home), and picture quality isn't necessarily dependent on price. These can be bought used for under $150 now. I'm probably either going to buy a Canon S410 4.1mp or the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T1 5.1mp soon.

www.imaging-resource.com
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Konica Minolta Dimage A200? My wife who is more of a photographer than me has suggested this one as our next camera...
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

From what imaging-resource says, it's a great camera... read the conclusion page of their fresh 12/22/04 review for some insight:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/KMA200/A2A13.HTM
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Any thoughts on the Konica Minolta Dimage A200? My wife who is more of a photographer than me has suggested this one as our next camera...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh, A200 is a beast! Go and get one if you're not tight on the budget! Your wife has got a taste. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Would I be better off with the D70 or the Eos 300 for a few hundred more though? Quick Shutter response is very very important not sure if the minolta is good enough.
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
              X