My Christmas bit the dirt..fukkin thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christmas bit the dirt..fukkin thieves

Ok, today was great at first, ..got to spend the day with James, exchanging a couple of gifts etc. Later, we loaded up the equipment for his karaoke gig at the local bar. Get to the bar, do the usual, head in for a beer (truck is parked right by the door). Go back out the get the gear..MOST of it is GONE!! I borrowed an extra TV from my job so the other people can see the lyrics...GONE..now I have to buy my boss a T.V. 4 microphones, (2 wireless), probably 30 "regular" cds that he plays during a "lull", all of his speaker, mic, audio/video cables..all gone. At least I had enough gear(cables and mic) to cover him for tonight, although people will have to share a mic, I only had one. We are out about $1,000 worth of equipment. But..while we were at the bar, we seen the Christmas Spirit.a man we have NEVER met, wrote my husband a check for $200.00 to help replace the stuff, just said "Merry Christmas"! Not sure if all of this makes sense..my head is still swimming..but anyhow, that's my day so far...ggrrr. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Re: My Christmas bit the dirt..fukkin thieves

Hey, best of luck finding that gear. Too bad CD's and mic's aren't serialized. Still I would report it to the police and alert all the local pawn shops and used music equiptment stores.

Comment

That just TOTALLY BLOWS DUDE! Merry f'n Christmas aye?

I got some mics I can send you if you need em, let me know..

Pat

Comment

Dudette, Pat, dudette..... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

That sucks, Jeri! I sure hope your gear gets recovered!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sorry GJB, this sucks, royally. Good luck getting your stuff back.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

that really really sux! Good luck getting the dickheads!

Comment

Ditto on the sucks part, Jeri. Kind of ironic that it's that very same equipment your hubby used to get you your Christmas gift. Here's hopin' you catch 'em and string 'em up by da nutz. Even if they'd only stolen $10 worth of shit, there's nothin worse than a thief.
              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. That sucks. I hope you get some of your stuff back. Will the vehicle insurance cover any of it?
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That sucks and I'm so sorry to hear that Jeri.
                  At first I was afraid that your house was hit and they got your guitar gear. This is way bad enough, but I'm at least relieved it's not that. The monetary loss sucks but losing a guitar is so personal... not that your hubby's karaoke gear isn't, but you know what I mean.

I agree, make a police report and circulate copies to as many pawnshops as you know of. Maybe you'll get lucky and recover some of the stuff at least. I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm just glad that neither of you were hurt.

Regards,

Rich
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Put out a reward for info on the incident for $1000, then when you find out who did it (someone WILL rat them sumbi1tches out) go beat the fock out of them, take whatever they've got that you can sell to come up with the $1000 reward, break and smash whatever you can't take with you, and kick 'em twice in the nose as you say 'Happy New Year, Assh0le!'

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What the hell is wrong with people? It's Christmas for f's sake. I just got home and found out my unlce was robbed just before Christmas and all the presents and some other stuff were stolen. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This is very lame stuff. They dropped a t-shirt his wife bought him on a path nearby, which he found later, that's all there was left of Christmas. How can you steal someone's Christmas?

Comment

Sorry to hear that - I hope they catch the fuckers.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

<font color="aqua">Jeezz! I'm so sorry for both of you, good luck and I hope they nail those bastards..... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] </font>
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Ron, I know that, I call everyone dude and bro, duntcha know? Ask Em, she even asked me one night, you know I'm a chick, right, I just laughed... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It's all good.

And Jeri, I think I have yer addy, mics are on the way tomorrow...

Pat

Comment

(LOL @ Pat.. haha!)

Jeri...
                              I am SO BUMMED to hear this!! I am really sorrry, that just really blows major chunks, girl.
                              I wish there was something I could do. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
                              The gentleman that wrote you a check though, now that is really something! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              Goodluck, I hope you can get at least some of your gear back.

Em

Comment

Working...
                              X