What did you give?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did you give?

This year was all about her. I surprised my wife on Christmas Eve with a ring surround for her 1/3 carat engagement ring. It has 4 sapphires one for her birthday and the three others for our boys, and 6 small diamonds equaling 1/2 carat.
    Christmas morning I gave her a flawless 1 carat solitaire.

Also a Fuji Finepix E550 digital camera.

Plus I got the triplets a Percussion Plus 3 piece drum set to replace their American Idol set. Along with a ton of toys.

Comment

..most meaningful.. oh dear...

It would have to be those chocolates I gave to this girl.
      Praline chocolates.
      ..to the girl who has the fatal nut allergy...

I really ballsed that one up, lol, anyway, it's cool now, she obviously knew not to eat them and stuff, and I apolagised and everything.

..Just my luck, lol.

Comment

A Bible... and a pack Dentine bubble gum to an alcoholic.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          We gave our friends son a used Jackson Kelly Pro. Yes it was used, but he was estatic when he opened it. Hes only 10 I think, and has wanted to learn to play since I took over School of Rock for him to watch. So, with that he got some strings and picks from us, and his mom and dad are getting him a cheap amp and lessons out in town....

Mrs LPC

[/ QUOTE ]
          I gave a poor kid one of my guitars once. He was my mom's friend and he lived in a home for troubled youth. I never met the dude, but I like thinking that somewhere out there I helped birth a fuckin' rock star!!

Comment

My fiance' didn't have any of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra CDs and had hinted like crazy that she wanted them. Even more so when we were at the show here in Chicago and Chris Caffery asked if anyone had their CDs.

So I called Angus Clark who is currently on tour with TSO's West coast group (I'm his webmaster) and I asked him if he could grab the box set and have everyone in the West coast group sign it. (Chris Caffery is with the East coast group that we saw on the 10th) What he actually did was send the box set (unsigned) and a signed tour program. She loved it. She wanted to call Angus at that very moment. I told her she wouldn't get through because he was on stage at the time.

She got her chance when I called Angus on Christmas to wish him a Merry Christmas and to thank him for his efforts.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Interesting question. Ok, short story. I went to the doctor just before Christmas and he was in a chatty mood asking me about my work and stuff. He said that I could give gift certificates to where I work as presents. I told him that that would be a crummy thing because everyone would know that I got them for free. He looked at me with this look like to say "Holy Sh*t, the thought really matters? Hmm, maybe I shouldnt be giving those soap samples as employee bonuses."(dermatologist). He didnt talk much after that. That being said I got my wife a ring with all our family members birthstones in it. She loved it. Hmm, and I got my sealab 2021 dvd, Score!!!

Comment

I got my friend's daughters (jointly) an Epiphone Strat (one of the nicer ones, tiltback batwing headstock) and an EP800 amp with 10 watts and 8" speaker. They seemed pretty stoked, especially Lena who will probably be the guitarist. Her sister Katie is more into keyboards, which my sister got them a Casio. I also got my oldest great niece a silver Keltic cross that she really loves; I was so glad she liked it, I didn't know if she would.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I am a cheapass, so I gave love. Lots of it.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X