Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Times!

What's up all,

I've had one of the best days in 3 years and felt like sharing it. It's not normally something I talk about or tell people voluntarily , but hell I feel good and wanna share some good vibes.

About 3 years ago my mom got laid off from her job and couldn't find another one (years of being a housewife and takin care of 3 nutball kids [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]). I left college after a year of no one working (dad dosen't live with us and business went under) and living on borrowed money from friends/family and got a job at a major music store. I started as their janitor and moved up to shipping dept manager and someone that everyone looked up to and could count on in the store. After 2 years there due to things I shouldn't really discuss here, I left them. (Politics suck I tell ya! But the cool thing is 2 managers and the owner of the company called me and wanted me to come back. Score 1000 points for my ego, lol [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]) I've been out of a job for 3 weeks so far. My little brother (18) is starting college in the fall, and has a term to kill, so he got a job. They cut his hours and he didn't like it so he left. Today my mom got a job where she's going to be making decent money, my little brother has an interview for a job recommended by his brother in law which pays really good, my middle brother is workin part time and I just got word my friend from the store i worked at is opening up his own guitar shop and expressed his desire to have me on board with him. Now with all of us working, we're throwin some plans into motion to buy a house at the end of the year and rent it out (do some real estate basically). So money should be good for next year if I stay on track (no more drinkin for awhile to get where I'm gonna get)

That's the best part, but even personally this is going good too. I'm really good with saving and managing money, and I've had the money for my RR1 and PC1 I wanted a few times, but I helped out my sister with her financial troubles too, so the guitars didn't end up happeneing. I'm in the middle of a few trades right now and I think I might end up with something cool next week (believe me, if it happens you'll know, you'll see a post on it). The other thing I'm loving is that i'll be working for my friend at his small guitar shop in the city. I hated the business ethics and treatment my former employers showed towards their employees and some customers, and knowing I'm gonna work for a good guy that genuinly cares about people makes me happy as hell (I try to be a very moral person in life, so workin for the other guys was my personal hell). I've actually got more to say, but lemme review this insanly long post and see if I wanna bore ya'll with more. Thanks for readin and rock on!

- Irfaan -
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Good Times!

Glad to hear that things are looking up! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Reading between the lines a bit, it sounds like you're very devoted to your family & you've got your priorities straight. I respect that a lot & hope everything continues to go well for you all.

Comment

glad to hear things are good!

Comment

Rock on bro!
        Its great to see some good feedback.
        So much energy is focused on the negative nowadays!
        Its refreshing to see ppl voice the positives.

Comment

You sound like Cool Peoples! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Rock on bro!
            Its great to see some good feedback.
            So much energy is focused on the negative nowadays!
            Its refreshing to see ppl voice the positives.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, Scott !

Dude I think it's great that things are starting to come together for you and your family. Hopefully you will receive your just dues for all the sacrafices you made for your family ! It's great to see someone with good morals and who has their priorities straight. Not enough of us left in this world....that's for sure !

Comment

Great news, brutha! Make sure you post (or PM me) the name of the store you're gonna be working at in the city. Next time I get down there, I'll stop in and say hello. Always looking for a cool guitar store to check out!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

good times indeed!

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Great to hear news like this!
                    The life is good!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm reading through other threads too where people are not as fortunate, so I tell ya now live on the happy moments of life and don't take it for granted. Never know when things might take a turn. And I'll definatly let ya'll know the location of the store when it opens. Should be in 3-4 weeks. I welcome ya'll down here when you make the trip. Drinks are on me, just lemme know when I'll be seeing ya.

- Irfaan -
                      [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X